Letwin member of anti-war tax group

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Jan 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I have no problem with this. Providing, of course, that I can choose not to contribute to spending on the workshy, illegal immigrants, the obese, IVF, diversity, the Olympics, etc. etc.
  2. I've just had the misfortune to listen to a knobhead on radio 2 extolling the virtues of his taxing process. Says he doesn't want to pay money for soldiers to kill on his behalf.

So, - you won't be wanting any 'defending' then? No humanitarian help? No anti terrorist work?

People prepared to make sacrifices in their lives so idiots like this can spout their crap.

Urine temperature 90 plus and rising :evil:

That Vine blokes a tw*t as well!!!
  3. I agree with V-B - I am a concientious objector to excessive welfare payments - they should be adequately comfortable for those who genuinely cannot work, and should be enough to just scrape by on for those who do not wish to work. Will I get a let-out clause for that? Will I be able to nominate that the proportion of my taxes which would have gone towards social security be spent on the military instead? :roll:
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Face it, this just isn't going to happen. All money that comes into the Government - be it from Income Tax, NI (another Income Tax), VAT, etc, goes into a single bucket, and Gay Gordon decides what happens to it next (hence the man's power). It would be ENTIRELY impracticable to allow people to opt out, or in, to certain areas. Believe me, it just can't be done - to start with we'd need a Government computer system that workded, and everyone knows how likely that is.

Probably a pity, as I am sure we would see Defence Spending rise, and Chav payments fall if this were the case :D

I thought the Tories were all for simplfying the tax system, anyway :)
  5. Be aware, that a pre-set propoartion of any money raised through VAT goes to Europe. Will Europe pay for its own defence ???? - No, it will go to prosecuting British fishermen, farmers et al while the Frogs/Krauts flout the laws on debt in the 'stability pact' - key to the existence of the Euro.

Rant over (not).

"they're here........... !."
  6. Darlings
    I'm in such a fluster.....

I have been invited to an evening reception next month, where Oliver Letwin will be guest of "honor".

I dont usually move in this social circle and am just beside myself as to what would be most appropriate thing to take? Normally I would write to Mrs Mills, but this may not be up her street.

I'm torn between my daughter's stanley knife and BB's Glock.

Worse, she can't decide between ceramic and hollow point:

any ideas???
  7. how about a brick to bounce of his quoff and maybe knock some sense into him :twisted: !
  8. Indeed, I too would like an option on what I can contribute too.

Since that is the only possible route such thinking can go.
  9. A_S, I think the Tories would want to point out that it isnt actually one of their policies.

Of course this pressure group have every right to pursue their campaign, although I think it is nuts. A view not changed by that radio interview yesterday, in which their spokesman said that the diverted taxes could be spent on "non-lethal methods of providing security". WTF does he think our forces do, when they can?

Not for the first time, his getting himself associated with this group leads me to question Mr Letwin's judgement, if not his "brilliance". Even getting associated with ARRSE would be safer and wiser for a politician!!! :wink:

although not Letwin's fault that he has one of those big faces which you just want to punch, dont you? .... errrrm ... :oops: :oops: :roll:
  10. And there was me thinking you were the ARRSE diplomat! 8O :D
  11. :lol: :lol: :lol:

merely a typo, A_S

12. What a ****ing crock :evil: