Letting your home on posting?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by My_T_Hunter, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hoping for a bit of advice, I'm being posted and would like to keep hold of my current property. Can anyone offer advice on what allowances may be applicable when I come to rent it out? I've read JSP752, but if anyone has any forst hand experience it would be appreciated.

    Cheers in advance for any help.
  2. yep, you will be entitled to the re-payment of agents letting fees when your tenants change, ie - each time you change a tenant the letting agency will charge you a fee 50-200 squid for finding a new tenant and signing them up - this is what you can claim back.
  3. MY T,

    It's not quite as straight forward as Chimp503 would have you believe, the is a long list of eligibility criteria and for your info RAAC is still the authority for this until JPA go live - I obviously don't know when you plan to move! Best advice has got to be have a word with your FSA or RAO, give them chance to dig out and digest the relevant regs as this is not an area dealt with every day. Any problems with advice given at that stage feel free to drop me a PM.

  4. It is simple - only admin officers and the like make it difficult - you ARE entitled to this re-imbursment - simple as.................
  5. Chimp,

    I assume that you know all MY Ts personal circumstances to make such a bold statement! I'm not saying he/she is not entitled but as I said there is a long list of eligiblity criteria to satisfy to establish the entitlement or otherwise!!