Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Letters to those who need it

in the this modern PC world where the British Army is very unlikely to ever get the chance to shoot at Germans

I would assume a shoe box full of fags, booze, jaz mags, a big fruit & nut bar would probably end up as hate crime ?
If I was the recipient of a box full of fags, booze, jazz mags and choccie, I'd like to see some limp wristed, PC, woke, fluid gendered retard try and take it off me.

If I was the recipient of a box full of fags, booze, jazz mags and choccie, I'd like to see some limp wristed, PC, woke, fluid gendered retard try and take it off me.
You are more likely to have received a crochet scarf and hat (that stunk of an anchovies!).

Last edited:
Those of us "of a certain age" will also remember that every so often on an op tour the unit would get a large batch of cigarettes and spirits which was stuff that Customs and Excise (as it was then known) had confiscated at ports etc in the UK. Everyone got a bottle of something (usually brandy or whisky), and the non smokers then also had a box of 200 to trade with the addicts.

Last time I recall it happening would have been around 85/86, so God knows what happens to the stuff now.

Edited to add: the stuff was secured by the QM and dished out on the way home

It gets destroyed.

We used to get Welfare cigarettes issued on Grapple. 20 a day
I think they were confiscated smugglers' contraband, from a planeload seized at Sarajevo airport. We used to get them too, when I was working with the UNMOs. Were they always Marlboro (Or something very similar)?

ETA: And bottles of Merlot too. Farsands and farsands of bottles of bloody Merlot.