Letter writing help

I am a civvy now but am writing to an Officer regarding my rejoin. I have a good example of how to lay the letter out and how to word it etc, but I am unsure of how to end it.

I have the honour to be,
Sir,
Your obedient servant,

Seems a little over the top for a civvy.

This is to be an offical letter so I want to make a good impression.

Thank you in advance.

Just put "Yours faithfully"

You can't put he whole "servant" bit, as you're not serving. I'd go with Pyrex suggestion.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If you put 'dear sir' use 'yours faithfully'.
If you put 'dear namedperson', use 'yours sincerely'.

Job Done

Grownup_Rafbrat said:

Job Done
What he said ^^ . The simple rule is not to put two S's together ie Dear Sir and Sincerely :)

GL with the application.

Thank you all very much for your help.

I am now just re-reading and re-reading and changing my letter and changing it again, oh and then changing it again.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Daxx said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:

Job Done
What he said ^^ . The simple rule is not to put two S's together ie Dear Sir and Sincerely :)

GL with the application.
He? My dear chap, you need some new spectacles.

Or someone has performed surgery and hormone treatment which I didn't notice ....

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Ozzymick said:
Thank you all very much for your help.

I am now just re-reading and re-reading and changing my letter and changing it again, oh and then changing it again.
Is there no-one who could read it for you? If you've spent a long time on it, you end up missing small mistakes because you've seen what you expect to see.

Aye, my glasses are in the office atm the mo.

/me bows humbly, but your name isn't an obvious steer to your gender and the picture, well, no-one is THAT old :p

On the subject of the letter, if you want, pm it to me and i'll look over it for you.

Daxx

Daxx said:
/me bows humbly, but your name isn't an obvious steer to your gender and the picture, well, no-one is THAT old :p

Daxx
Good point, well made. No offence taken.

There's no record of her death, so I assume she's an 80-year-old stunna now, and therefore someone's really that old.....
:D

:pirat:

Slinking back to work. Offer above stands unless you need it posted today.