Letter to Soldier Magazine - August 2008

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

All right, which one of you Arrsers sent this pish take to this month's Soldier magazine? Needless to say it did not get a response from Brigadier Jamie:

Soldier mag

Poor soul scalded his little pinkies. :donut:
  2. Class - outbreak of morale at 1ADSR, investigations underway to identify the culprit who will be beasted (sorry, AGAI'd) until he knows better.

So, own up - which one of you was it?!
  3. Sounds like a Junior Officer on CP stag problem.
  4. Fantastic.

"was shocked to find..."

5. Break biccie into three?
  6. Another sensible post out of you and we'll have to ban you! Damn it sah!
  7. nibble 6mm of the side of biccy and it will fit.
  8. 3mm from each side, will maintain the stability of the biscuit. :D

Lack of the words "I am outraged" would rule most ARRSEr's out of the running for being the author. Methinks the Junior Officer CP scenario the most likely. Struggling to stay awake, ruefully reviewing the nominal role, whilst having access to the internet... and a good sense of humour. :)

A few years ago, I ran an advert in Soldier (Lonely Hearts) to gain some material for a colleague's dining out. Written in such a way, to not give away the sex of Nik, some 100 plus responses to the post box and enough material (people are so good to send photos) for an entire evening. Hint, '58 pattern and just your boxers is not a sexual look for most women. :D
  9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I AM totally outraged.

This should be picked up by the Scum (The paper that Supports Our Boys - when it suits them) as another example of how the pen pushers and top brass have failed to provide the correct equipment for Our Boys.
  10. What if you only have imperial teeth?
  11. GEMS suggestion me thinks!! :)
  12. I agree. I bet the biscuits jam and up and overheat in when used in the sandpit as well. Fuckers, I've heard the sweets in rat packs are now being replaced by lumps of cement, something about budget cuts.
  13. I thought budget cats were what you got from ADSA buthchers?
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If they took the original writer's suggestion of cutting the biscuit by 6mm you can be sure that the resulting loss of rations will not be added by thickening the biccy, therefore a straight saving for the Treasury.

I am sure this is one suggestion that will go through the procurement and improvements programme very quickly. :chef:
  15. Time for Army postcode

Maj Steve Roberts, D Def PCS, responds:

Interview without coffee for him, then.