Letter of discharge

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by buckrogers21stc, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am currently in the process of joining the rmr but I am having problems getting a letter of discharge from my previous TA unit. The unit itself seem to be a bit shitty about it and refuse to help me out saying it is up to me to get that information for myself.

    I was given a few numbers for Glasgow and JPAC to ring but i havent got any answer from any of the numbers.

    Anyone got any info that might help me out here?. Its dragging out a bit and would like to get it sorted.

    It seems a sheet of paper with a start and finish date for a TA soldier is something that nobody can do!

    Many thanks.
  2. Put a Subject Access Request (Google it to find the format) in to:

    Disclosures 2
    Mail Point 535
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    G2 8EX

    It might take them a while though.
  3. The have 28 days to respond. Mark the Letter SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST, Data Protection Act 1998.
  4. Buck,

    Which Unit is being difficult? If it is the RMR Unit you are trying to join, do you really want to be part of it. If it is your previous TA Unit, then the RMR Unit should be doing more to assist you.
  5. Its the TA unit I left in January. Not like it was years ago!

    All the guys from the AFCO have been good with helping me out but they also said its really up to me to sort out.

    They have given me phone numbers for JPAC and Glasgow as i said but when i ring them i get some message saying the other person has cleared then the line goes dead.
  6. If you actually left the TA your old Unit's "Terminations Officer" should have done the business and sent you your certificate of service, also applied for valedectory letter if entitled/deemed worthy!!

    Terminations officer is normally the RAWO.