Letter from the SPVA

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by old_bloke, Apr 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody recieved a letter from the SPVA after 5 years being out requesting proof of Name, NI number and confirmation that I am who I say I am proven by
    Dr, Lawyer, Banker, Priest Civil Servant etc?

Also if not provide they say that the pension will be stopped after 3 months?

Is this a normal 5 yearly check.?

2. Sounds like a 'life certificate'. Although these are usually sent to ex service personnel with preserved pensions. I would call them on the free phone number to ask them to explain this.

3. It strikes me SPVA, if the letter is bona fide would hold those details already.

4. Just got mine, filled it in, got it proven by a mate who is a lawyer, sent it back in self addressed, stamped envelope. Took all of 10 minutes.

5. Quite a few occupational pensions are being paid to people who never had that occupation. They simply adopted the identity of that person after their death, or even whilst still alive in increasing number of cases.

6. Me too but it smells a short cut to stop paying pensions. Say if old forgotten tom ex RAOC had moved on from his last known address (and what percetage of homeless are ex Army this month?) Well no reply in 3 months and the pension is stopped and another one slips through the safety net.

7. But then the pensioner rings to find out why their pension has been stopped, provides evidence they still breath & pump purple piss and bobs your uncle the army pension is back in your bank with the back pay!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Say old Para Tom had moved and had not given, for a variety of reasons, his new address to SPVA and for reasons only known to him and the almighty, he still expected SPVA to send him a cheque each month, they would be negligent in the extreme to keep on sending it forever to the last known address. You have to understand that SPVA is doing it's best with a bunch of people who for reasons, only known to them, seem to be avoid providing even the basic level of information. Five Year are you alive checks are the very least they can do. Then you have Daxx who assumes(without having seen the letter and, therefore, spouts bollocks) that it must be a Nigerian Scam, I really do despair.

9. brits who emigrate to aus or nz ,and recieve a mi. pension usually receive the same type of letter at the end of march every year

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

SPVA is not alone in asking for these. Most pension providers will ask for one on an occasional basis.

11. I got one fo these letters as well did you get any reply back from spva?

12. Is anyone still waiting for their P60 End of Year certificate from Xafinity. This is the second year in a row that mine has been delayed.

I rang them in Mid-May to be told there was still a delay and that said certificates would be sent by end of May. However, they kindly informed me what Pension increase I would receive. When I still hadn't received any written confirmation by 12 June, I e-mailed them, only to receive an immediate automated reply confirming receipt. Since then I have not even had the courtesy of a reply.

Anyone else with similar problems ?

13. Yes, have sent two written letters, two e-mails and a phone call requesting they are aware of a change of address, suprise, suprise, for the second year in a row P60 sent to my old address. They make Glasgow look like a slick, well oiled machine.

14. Well I wouldn't mind if it was something as simple as a Change of Address, but unfortunately I have been living at my present address for over 10 years, they claimed, last year to have my correct details and eventually sent me a replacement (not full) statement a month after they had sent others out. Glasgow, for all their supposed faults, never let me down. Looks like I'll have to phone again for the third time on Monday, and follow it up with a letter expressing my disgust.

15. Some months ago I applied for a preserved pension to be paid early. After quite a few battles with paperwork not being received on several occasions it finally seemed to be sorted and I sat back waiting for an answer.

Months have gone by and I've received no word so I decided to email JPAC. I've done this in the past and despite their reluctance to reply by email they always responded by post which was great as I had a record and could hold them to account if needed, and on occasions it proved invaluable. Until now that is.

Despite only asking if there had been any progress with my application JPAC refuse to reply in any form of writing as supposedly replying in anyway other than by telephone would be a breach of the Data Protection Act! Despite me giving all the details they need to verify who I am they still refused to respond other than by me using the help line. What a bunch of useless wankstains!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately the JPAC EC is unable to provide any information via email as this process is not secure. If you require an update on you preserved pension you would have to contact us on one of the methods below or you can write to our pension’s team to request this information to be sent to you if you are unable to call. I have provided the address below.

JPAC EC (Military): 94560 3600
    JPAC EC (Civilian): 0141 224 3600
    JPAC EC (Free): 0800 085 3600

SPVA
    Pensions Division
    Mailpoint 480
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow
    G2 8EX

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you require any further assistance.

Regards

JPAC EC

JPAC Enquiry Centre
    SPVA
    HP Enterprise Services
    Telephone +44 (0) 141 224 3600
    Military 94560 3600
    Free 0800 085 3600

HP Enterprise Services
    Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN.
    Registered in England No: 936751
    VAT No: GB432 995 915