Letter from TCB (El Presidente!)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DontMentionTheWar, Mar 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Serving Member of HM Armed Forces,

Thank you for you continued service in the British Army, and in particular, I would like to express my gratitude for your efforts in keeping Johnny Foreigner in line in Southern Iraq. In the great scheme of things, you made us look better than the Americans, and that's what counts in the long run.

Well done! Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back!

As you may have heard, we have finally won the war against our swarthy foe, and you may have read a number of reports in the press that the British Government is to reduce troop numbers in Iraq. I am pleased to tell you that these reports are true, and you will be leaving this particular theatre of operations at the earliest convenience.

Please report to your new forward operating base in Helmand Province, Afghanistan by next Tuesday. Don't forget your gun! If you fight really hard this time, I might give you a medal and another pat on the back.

Pip pip!

Tony

2. Don't worry, there will be a battalion of Frontiersmen to make up the numbers.

They'll be along shortly, once they decide which uniform to wear.

3. Sorry mate, you forgot:

PS - To show my gratitude to you all, this year you will be receiving your lowest pay 'increase' in 10 years. Thankyou again, TCB

SP

4. Tony's also wishing to show that the environment counts, he's going to have the lads go directly to 'Stan without coming home first.

5. And in order to save fuel, they will march, subduing Iran en route.....

Litotes