Letter delivery times

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by misshappytalk, Apr 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I sent a letter to someone last sunday, to BFPO 758.
    How long, an average, do these letters take to be delivered? - It was actually written on one of the official blueys from the Post Office, so thought this may somehow expediate its delivery :)...
  2. Can't ever say for definite how long it will take. It depends on various factors, such as space in the plane's hold, RSS schedules on Herrick, or mainly, whether Royal Mail can be bothered to get it to Ruislip within a fortnight.

If you want faster service try ebluey
  3. Hi, thanks for your reply...

Yes I sent an ebluey but then he said he wanted an old school letter so i put pen to paper.....fingers crossed it will arrive there soon.
  4. Can I suggest also http://www.rearparty.co.uk/ ARRSe's sister site, that routinely deals with all sorts of letter related woes. Plenty of very helpful people there.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Posted Sunday after last post
    Picked up from postbox Monday 5pm (ish)
    Sorted overnight and on Tuesday sent to BFPO sorting office (is that still Millhill?)
    Wednesday received at sorting office and put in bag for BFPO 758 and sent on its way.
    Thursday arrives at departure airport (Brize?)
    Thursday - all flights grounded due to ash cloud - letter going nowhere fast.

Just a thought.
  6. Hi, thanks for the reply.....just posted on RearParty aswell...
    Thank you! :)))))
  7. Northolt now but your theory spot on.
  8. misshappytalk

It could take between 1 ½ - 2 weeks.
  9. And then add numbers of days European airspace is closed...... Not a good time, but a handwritten bluey is lovely to receive and worth the wait.
  10. Assuming you have access to a Forces Post Office, or know someone who does, try this instead. Same instant service with a personal touch.