Lets talk about your car.

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by KGB_resident, Jun 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all!

I would like to hear opinions about your cars. I myself going to buy Suzuki Liana 4x4 (very useful in Russian climate). It is also not too expensive - $19000.

2. I've just broken mine so its worth about £40 to the scrappie!!

3. God save you. Be carefull next time. I hope you are safe after this accident.

4. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Sounds like a good vehicle in such a climate.

I like all wheel drive cars and have two, one 2005 Lexus 330 SUV All Wheel Drive and a 2006 Lexus GS 300 4 Dr Sedan with all wheel drive. I have been very happy with the local Lexus dealership and service. It's my second Lexus SUV. I traded in a Audi all wheel drive sedan on the GS 300.

5. Lexus... Alas it is too expensive for me and Moscow is overcrowded by Lexuses 4x4. Though other all wheel drive cars are very popular (VW Tuareg, for example). As for Audi Q7 then Russian consumers have to wait a year to buy it (quota for Russia is too small).

6. Get a Jap motor, Don't buy anything of Jerry. Utter tat.

7. I double the value of my car every time I fill the tank.!

But as it adamantly refuses to break , I will keep on driving it till it does.

8. May I ask you dear sir, what is a name of your super-reliable car?

9. Vauxhall Astra , 1.7 low blow Gm engine.
    Regular servicing pays off in the long run.

10. Vauxhall have impressed me. I have just acquired an 05 Vectra 2.2 16V automatic and it is one of the most comfortable cars I have driven, (of course it goes fast too). I wouldnt go back to a manual now either !

11. Thanks for your concern, luckily it wan't an accident, it just gave up on me!

On the whole i find mondeos are good for commuting etc, fairly dull but the engines do tend to last a long time and can be quick!

12. Mondeo is an excellent car. My friend has baught it just a month ago. He is a very good driver (worked as a taxi-driver few years).

13. The Honda accord is a good car and they practically run forever. 150 thousand miles on it. It is getting to the point where repair costs are getting a bit high.

14. Got a 1.4 5 door civic, 1998, 137,500 miles on the clock and it's never broken down *touch wood*

It's an old man's car, it's boring, but I don't care, I love it. Hoping to make it to 170,000 miles, but worked out at the point it'll need a cambelt change, new brakes and 3 new tyres at the same time - poor little car may have to go to the big scrapheap in the sky

15. just got an E46 BMW 328i SE in silver with black leather and all the goodies. love the car, dont like the fuel bill so much, ive had it 3 weeks and spent about £300 already in fuel running back and forth to Sheffield to see my missus!!