Let's talk about Lowa..

On my second set of Patrol Boots and my third set of desert elites.
They get worn until the sole tread is gone and then replaced.
The old ones have gone on to become DIY boots at home
Mods they get are a set of superfeet to replace the insoles and laces trimmed down so there isn't any flapping about - with the elites, this means you can pop them on in a hurry if there is a flap in the night.
Their non-goretex civvie safety boots are okay, but don't match the ankle support of their military range

I bit the bullet and got a desert coloured pair off

Police, Military, Outdoor & Camping Equipment | Polimil

Cracking next day service despite putting the order in literally a minute before their cut off.

Zephyrs are a great fit for my wide plates, super comfy.

They seem almost overly padded across the tongue and I expect them to become a soggy saggy mess if they get wet and take days to dry out.

Hate the aesthetics of them though. I know looks shouldn’t count but they do

I think perhaps the higher leg version would appeal a bit more to me.

They are lighter than my normal boots though

In other news I got waist deep goffered by a freak wave last week and my lowa Hunter gtx are still ******* wet and pumping out salt stains.
So it’s been a while since I got em. First 5 miler with hound yesterday. A ******* joy to walk/trot along with. Great for rock hopping

Side effect, first week my feet have been out of solid boots for months. Plus surfed every day in neoprene boots and my feet feel like they have been beaten with sticks and got sore shins.
Just not used to the freedom and reduction in support. It’ll get better i’m Sure

I’m in the market for a new pair of 3 season boot. I have found a pair of Lowa renegade mid gtx boots that I like the look of.

Their main habitat would be home around the Derbyshire Peak District, with occasional jaunts to the lakes/N York’s/Northumberland.

The reviews I can see are US based, with longevity the big question mark, so my basic question is, anyone got a pair & if so are the worth a punt @ £90?

I’m in the market for a new pair of 3 season boot. I have found a pair of Lowa renegade mid gtx boots that I like the look of.

Their main habitat would be home around the Derbyshire Peak District, with occasional jaunts to the lakes/N York’s/Northumberland.

The reviews I can see are US based, with longevity the big question mark, so my basic question is, anyone got a pair & if so are the worth a punt @ £90?
Yes.

I have done the Dales, a few Munro’s, Brecon and even been in the Peak District. I would happily wear mine in any of those locations for day yomps - 3 season rules apply, snow, or frost and the leather one’s would come out.

Yes.

I have done the Dales, a few Munro’s, Brecon and even been in the Peak District. I would happily wear mine in any of those locations for day yomps - 3 season rules apply, snow, or frost and the leather one’s would come out.
Great stuff. I’ve ordered a pair.

Latest Threads