Let's shoot the messenger.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
No,

It's a minority of Muslims that portray Muslims in a bad light.

yes, how dare the press report what they percieve to be newsworthy*?
It can't possibly be the fault of a minority of Muslims (or any other religious nutter) for making that particular religion look bad. It's the press for telling us about it all.

*anything that'll increase sales

So those 6 or 7 stood in the dock in oxford or somewhere for grooming young girls are all practicing and devout catholics.

Read the good Baroness Warsi's wikipedia entry. A no mark attention seeking hypocrite with little or no life outside of politics apart from the predictable short lived dalliance with a legal career in common with many of the odious hypocritical thieves and liars for whom politics seems to be a natural progression. Diane Abbott now has some serious competition as attention seeking clown with no sense of irony.
Thats not to say that some elements of the media do indeed portray all Muslims in a negative light (one pace forward the daily hate) however ongoing current affairs are what they are. Look at the current stormclouds brewing in North Africa and tell me which religious extremists are pre-eminent there.

So those 6 or 7 stood in the dock in oxford or somewhere for grooming young girls are all practicing and devout catholics.

Oddly the Catholics rarely seem to get as far as the dock. It's almost like it either never happens ,or there is some kind of cover-up/conspiracy.
Pass the tin foil please.

That's not a particularly good comparison given the huge scandal that has taken place in recent years over kiddy fiddling catholic priests and there were probably quite a few more than 6 or 7 of them.

From the article.
"Warsi will make the comments at a dinner held by Mama, a new government-backed group dedicated to measuring and monitoring anti-Muslim attacks."

Would this be a good time to mention the allegations of "gay bashing" in London?

Isn't she very close to the line in causing religious hatred by saying things like that? At that kind of event, populated by those kinds of people? Isn't Mama itself rather racist in not counting attacks on non-Muslims?
I have lived in three difference areas of the UK and one in France with a heavy Muslim population and I can't say I have a lot of good stories to give the media about them at all. Much as I would honestly like to. I'm now living in one which has a growing Muslim population and the same old habits are being seen there as well I hate to say, ranging in seriousness from the schoolyard to the workplace.

From the article.
"Warsi will make the comments at a dinner held by Mama, a new government-backed group dedicated to measuring and monitoring anti-Muslim attacks."

Would this be a good time to mention the allegations of "gay bashing" in London?
MAMA?

You sure that isn't the Daily Mash?

Isn't she very close to the line in causing religious hatred by saying things like that? At that kind of event, populated by those kinds of people? Isn't Mama itself rather racist in not counting attacks on non-Muslims?
I have lived in three difference areas of the UK and one in France with a heavy Muslim population and I can't say I have a lot of good stories to give the media about them at all. Much as I would honestly like to. I'm now living in one which has a growing Muslim population and the same old habits are being seen there as well I hate to say, ranging in seriousness from the schoolyard to the workplace.
Is it the religion or the culture where those people are from? The two appear almost indistinguishable at times

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
leeanne RLC 15
C RLC 73