Let's see your bikes

XR600R.
Loads of fun offroad
DCP00736(1).JPG

How are you getting on with it? I have only ridden to Devon and back so far and a couple of daily commutes, but it is easily the best 'Road Bike' that I have ridden. It's not the best bike, that would go to either the K6 or SP1, but they are designed for and are best enjoyed on the track.

But for road work, the GS is perfect (except for the filtering with panniers on). Stacks of grunt, happy to ride at 60-100, very nimble, cracking brakes and excellent road presence.
Trying to take it out for a run every day at the moment just to get to grips with it...........1200cc and sat up like being on a horse is a new experience. There is a huge car park at the school American footie stadium where the kids go when they are learning to drive I am getting on there too and practicing my CBT type manouveres to get used to tight in turns and cone slaloms.

I am still trying to get to grips with the electronics and controls as they still owe me the printed manual - found one online today so that will get read and digested. I had it out on the urban motorway on sunday morning and I was doing 90+mph before I knew it with plenty more there still to come. Still getting used to the gearing, but that'll come as it is just being unfamiliar with the bike. What I am not liking though is that it is a tad noisy - ADV Rider comments suggest that is normal for the bike, when I take it in for a service I shall ask if the cam chain or valves need a twiddle.

Todays temperature outside got up to 94 F / 35 C, I was wearing my hot weather mesh jacket, helmet and gloves.....like a bloody sauna in the the Texas humidity.

View attachment 392933

Ex Australia Post 2012 Honda CT110X. Got it as a farm/project bike. Ain't the fastest bucket of bolts out there, but it is quiet which is great when corralling the horses/getting about on a hunting trip.

Currently building a new LED headlight for it at the moment. Saving up for an engine swap later in the year.
As a human you've either had a Cub or you ought to go there.

I went there. :)

CNV00032(1).jpg

TDM 850 with FZR1000 wheels, suspension and brakes conversion. Handled like a handling thing. Massive fun.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Here's one that I used to have, Lambretta SX200, chopped and tuned.
scoot.jpg

Trying to take it out for a run every day at the moment just to get to grips with it...........1200cc and sat up like being on a horse is a new experience. There is a huge car park at the school American footie stadium where the kids go when they are learning to drive I am getting on there too and practicing my CBT type manouveres to get used to tight in turns and cone slaloms.

I am still trying to get to grips with the electronics and controls as they still owe me the printed manual - found one online today so that will get read and digested. I had it out on the urban motorway on sunday morning and I was doing 90+mph before I knew it with plenty more there still to come. Still getting used to the gearing, but that'll come as it is just being unfamiliar with the bike. What I am not liking though is that it is a tad noisy - ADV Rider comments suggest that is normal for the bike, when I take it in for a service I shall ask if the cam chain or valves need a twiddle.

Todays temperature outside got up to 94 F / 35 C, I was wearing my hot weather mesh jacket, helmet and gloves.....like a bloody sauna in the the Texas humidity.
Some of them suffered from cam-chain tensioner issues. Perhaps need checking.

I had a VF1000F in 90/2, not seen one in years. Loads of midrange and grunt, just the finish on the frame was atrocious.

I had a VF1000R years back.
Astonishingly good bike for its day with lots of very trick bits like the first floating discs and anti dive forks
Parts were a pain to get even back then.

Last edited:
I had a VF1000R years back.
Astonishingly good bike for its day with lots of very trick bits like the first floating discs and anti dive forks
Parts were a pin to get even back then.
There's a couple of Rs floating around the Norwich area at the moment. I'd get a really tatty F to restore, but like I said rare as Hens teeth.

There's a couple of Rs floating around the Norwich area at the moment. I'd get a really tatty F to restore, but like I said rare as Hens teeth.

Go for the R, thats the exotic one and you can occasionally find a rough one at sensible money
Very uncommon bike even 20 years ago when I had one, fastest prodcution bike you could buy until the GPZ900 came along.
Very clever forks made it handle way better than a 1985 bike has any right too.

Watch for fairing damage though, you cannot buy panels and repair is difficult, if I remember rightly much of the fairing was carbon fibre and difficult to repair.

Funny you should say that just had quick gander on ebay, looking for a tatty F and one came up that was tooooo expensive. But there was half a dozen 'Rs' all over and out of my price bracket. I would still have gone for the 'F', coz as you said plastics.....

Funny you should say that just had quick gander on ebay, looking for a tatty F and one came up that was tooooo expensive. But there was half a dozen 'Rs' all over and out of my price bracket. I would still have gone for the 'F', coz as you said plastics.....

Nah, the R is worth the premium!!
I think way back when they were new they were more than double the price of an F or a GPZ900

Be aware, the Ex-Aussie Post bikes can't be registered for road use (CT110X designation). You'll have to get the standard CT110 or CT110AG for that.

Hope you get one. They are a fun bike to ride. I never wanted anything fast or with the standard sports bike look. Always had an affinity for the touring style utility motorcycles (probably from watching too many WW2 films.)
Well there is a Japanese import on ebay, but £3k seems a bit steep.

As a human you've either had a Cub or you ought to go there.

I went there. :)
Brother-in-law has two of the NBC110 Super Cubs (ex posties as well, 2013 IIRC) for the farm. They've had all sorts of problems and he's taken them back to the dealership a few times.

The older CT110 just keeps going and going. Never had a problem.

Last edited:
Really, I didn't know that, whys that then? Is that only in Oz, or world wide.
Oz only as far as I know.

Never really understood it. The only difference between a regular CT110 and Aussie Post CT110X is the CT110X has bigger drum brakes on the back, higher handle bars and a centre stand as well as the standard left/right stands. I could be totally wrong, but the bloke at the dealership told me that I couldn't road register it (could have sworn he mentioned something about no VIN plate for it).

I would have thought the bigger drum brakes would have been a bonus on the roads.

Last edited: