Let's keep building until we have nothing left.

well our right on gutless politicians have got us in this mess and there is I fear no answer,
we will be bred out shortly, so be ready to convert to some sort of peaceful lifestyle, I wonder what that can be?

if you are going to post, say something, anything. I'm happy top discuss and have my mind changed but not by weak, nonsense hackneyed platitudes

I'll even give you your own website to read and reference points from

Migration watch UK
The cost of migrants to this country falls into two categories. The direct cost, health care, education, etc., and indirect, child benefit, wage subsidy, etc. Most of the direct costs have already been met by the indigenous population as they are generally pre-paid, ie the NHS. The indirect costs can be taken as the difference between what a migrant makes in his country of origin (usually very little), and what he is given here (usually quite a lot). The only way this country and its economy can benefit from migrants is if all of them work, which they don't, and are paid the same as they would earn where they came from, with no access to pre-paid services. As this is clearly never going to happen, we should all bend over and prepare for the insertion of the jagged tram rail.

ugly

LE
Unfortunately not politically possible.
look at what re China when they tried to curb rampant world population growth.
However when things really start to get bad in 10-15 years time opinions may change and the result may be very unpleasant ( I am talking world wide here ). Some have even mooted genocide as a possible solution.
TBH I wouldn't expect too much sensible comment at present.
I live just outside a national park, what is really needed is social control. Stop people retiring into the national parks and forcing up house prices and keep the old estate cottages for those who still work on the estates!
There are also plenty of opportunities to convert existing abandoned farm buildings into affordable dwellings, it just takes the will. I see when I visit the Dales that some folk buy a big plot of land and put up a huge house that looks like it was inspired by "The real housewives of" type programs. Shocking use of space.

I live just outside a national park, what is really needed is social control. Stop people retiring into the national parks and forcing up house prices and keep the old estate cottages for those who still work on the estates!
There are also plenty of opportunities to convert existing abandoned farm buildings into affordable dwellings, it just takes the will. I see when I visit the Dales that some folk buy a big plot of land and put up a huge house that looks like it was inspired by "The real housewives of" type programs. Shocking use of space.
But considered by the planners as a "good use of space" Half acre plot for one house? Bad. Four houses? Good!
and if the developer mentions 'social housing" that plays well with the planners.

A town nearby to where I work has recently built over 500 homes, on mainly brownfield sites, but then has expanded onto greenfield space for another 160 homes. A further 200 houses have received planning permission on a flood plain.

We have recently seen the updated HS2 plans which will involve the DEMOLITION of approximately 1,500 homes, 200 of which are under 5 years old, destruction of four ancient woodlands and six SSSIs.

The additional homes have no additional facilities and limited road access. No additional GP surgeries,no playing fields (most of them have been built on already), no local shops and swing bridge river crossings on 2 of the 3 roads out.

There is no "social housing" but a "section 106" agreement to provide for tree planting!

IIRC Brecon national park want £50k up front for barn conversions, instantly rules out any local buyer, as for the social housing bit of any new development who decides what`s social housing or not, the other big problem in Snowdonia is the racist twats will block everything unless there are some sort of conditions to ensure that only welsh speakers can buy or rent them, the time is way overdue for them to get shown up for the total racist, bigoted twats that they are (even to the non-welsh speaking locals)

you see it as racist, I see it as people trying to preserve and protect their way of life, whats wrong with that?
and no I'm not a cog.

A town nearby to where I work has recently built over 500 homes, on mainly brownfield sites, but then has expanded onto greenfield space for another 160 homes. A further 200 houses have received planning permission on a flood plain.

We have recently seen the updated HS2 plans which will involve the DEMOLITION of approximately 1,500 homes, 200 of which are under 5 years old, destruction of four ancient woodlands and six SSSIs.

The additional homes have no additional facilities and limited road access. No additional GP surgeries,no playing fields (most of them have been built on already), no local shops and swing bridge river crossings on 2 of the 3 roads out.

There is no "social housing" but a "section 106" agreement to provide for tree planting!
Stop whinging, you’re about to get a brand new train station!

Deserves more than one like.
Look at Tewksbury. A large number of abandoned houses because there is no political will to make them affordable. Apart from anything else it would probably lower the surrounding house values.

I work on the design side of the construction industry. Donkeys years of exp seeing the yo-yo of political strategy on land procurement for resi & commercial developments.
The main issue is a lack of cohesive approach across the country at local & central level. Section 106 agreements are locally authored & work pretty well, however, the concept of tax breaks for investment in brownfield sites crying out for redevelopment is a central thing & there isn't anywhere near enough done by govt, regardless of which political colour they are.

The cost of migrants to this country falls into two categories. The direct cost, health care, education, etc., and indirect, child benefit, wage subsidy, etc. Most of the direct costs have already been met by the indigenous population as they are generally pre-paid, ie the NHS. The indirect costs can be taken as the difference between what a migrant makes in his country of origin (usually very little), and what he is given here (usually quite a lot). The only way this country and its economy can benefit from migrants is if all of them work, which they don't, and are paid the same as they would earn where they came from, with no access to pre-paid services. As this is clearly never going to happen, we should all bend over and prepare for the insertion of the jagged tram rail.
Load of bollocks.

Especially when it meets reality that NI contributions haven't covered the costs of the elderly for some time and migrants stopped a population decline. Even Migration Watch admit the following :

In any event, both CReAM and Migration Watch appear to agree that native-born Britons take out far more money from the system than they pay in, compared to any kind of migrant.

FactCheck: everything you need to know about EU immigration

Load of bollocks.

Especially when it meets reality that NI contributions haven't covered the costs of the elderly for some time and migrants stopped a population decline. Even Migration Watch admit the following :

In any event, both CReAM and Migration Watch appear to agree that native-born Britons take out far more money from the system than they pay in, compared to any kind of migrant.

That factcheck has got to be one of the worst bias Ive ever seen CH4 produce.

Load of bollocks.

Go to your local school. hospital benefit agency. Then state that

That factcheck has got to be one of the worst bias Ive ever seen CH4 produce.
Bring out a counter. Saying something doesn't make it so.

Go to your local school. hospital benefit agency. Then state that
I was at my local hospital a couple of weeks ago, grateful for the Spanish and Czech nurses who helped. My sister has worked for the BA for 40 odd years in its various guises. The majority of clients are indigenous by a huge degree. I have a local Grammar opposite me and a private juniors schools, usual SE mix.

Bring out a counter. Saying something doesn't make it so.
It seems a matter of common sense that a big influx of foreign labour will make it harder for native Britons to find work. But several academic studies suggest that’s not necessarily true.

Research commissioned by the Migration Advisory Committee found that “inflows of working-age EU migrants did not have a statistically significant association with native employment” between 1995 and 2010.

Im equally as sure several academic studies would show it is true but if you dont mention them then we can ignore them.
Of course jobs are affected, just as when there is high unemployment you have lots of people fighting to get a job, why would it be any different when you have a lots of Europeans fighting to get a job?

They concluded: “Despite anecdotal evidence, we found little hard evidence that the inflow of accession migrants contributed to a fall in wages or a rise in claimant unemployment in the UK between 2004 and 2006

Very misleading, quite apart from the fact the building industry took a right kick in the plums from foreign workers.
Wages may have been higher and claimant unemployment may have been lower if it wasnt for the inflow of migrants.

Again, you would think that more people in the labour market would tend to drive down wages. Again, you may well be wrong.

This paper from the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM) at UCL found that immigration depressed wages slightly for the very low paid between 1997 and 2005. But the overall effect over the whole wage distribution was slightly positive

Are they making this shit up as they are going along? If you were running a business that paid 10 quid an hour to your workers and suddenly a mob of people started applying for the jobs, would you start lowering the rates of pay until you got to the minimum? Most people in business would, but not according to CReAM hmmmmmmmm

Another CReAM paper from 2014 looked at whether different kinds of migrants paid in more to the UK in tax than they took out in services like social housing, benefits, healthcare and education.

Im not 100% certain but this may be the paper that Ive mentioned before that left out costs like Defence because they had already been paid for or they would have to be paid for anyway by the natives.

HMRC recently said that recently arrived EEA nationals paid £3.1bn in income tax and national insurance in 2013/2014. They took out £0.56bn in HMRC benefits.

This is misleading in general, if you had 100 people and 99 of them were lazy benefit claiming shitbags who blagged 20 million a year in benefits and the other one paid 40 million in taxes, Strictly speaking those 100 people have contributed 20 million in taxes. We have the city of London where Pierre, Herman, Jaap et al probably really do pay lots in taxes and wouldnt be seen dead in social housing or an NHS ward, on the other hand we have Jakub, Moszek Stefa & family who will spank it for what it worth. There is no reason why we cant keep the rich ******* and kick out the bloody little poor people.

Edited to add this as I forgot last night.

UCL excels in securing EU research funding

Last edited: