Let's keep building until we have nothing left.

Unfortunately not politically possible.
look at what re China when they tried to curb rampant world population growth.
However when things really start to get bad in 10-15 years time opinions may change and the result may be very unpleasant ( I am talking world wide here ). Some have even mooted genocide as a possible solution.
TBH I wouldn't expect too much sensible comment at present.

Unfortunately not politically possible.
look at what re China when they tried to curb rampant world population growth.
However when things really start to get bad in 10-15 years time opinions may change and the result may be very unpleasant ( I am talking world wide here ). Some have even mooted genocide as a possible solution.
TBH I wouldn't expect too much sensible comment at present.
it doesn't need outrageous solutions.

for example, limiting child benefit and other state payments to two children. Having to pay your own way for three and above.

or rewarding the moderation of children.

Child benefit at the moment is £20.70 for the first, and £13.70 per child thereafter.

just pay £34.40 straight off the bat. For any number of kids. (Children by multiple births in first or second pregnancies could still attract an extra £13.70).

making a responsible choice of one, two, or more kids.

for example, limiting child benefit and other state payments to two children. Having to pay your own way for three and above.

Child benefit at the moment is £20.70 for the first, and £13.70 per child thereafter.

just pay £34.40 straight off the bat. For any number of kids. (Children by multiple births in first or second pregnancies could still attract an extra £13.70).

You're too generous. Pay benefit for the first and that is it.
However I am more concerned about the wider world problem.
I first became interested in the MMGW problem 52 years ago when accepted scientific research decided 500 million was a large enough world population and was doable then.
I actually think we are now beyond help.

They keep building on green belt because it’s cheaper and easier, throw up quick builds easy peasy. All property companies should be made to upgrade and rebuild derelicts, compulsory purchase and change of use empty shops and convert warehouses before they build on green belt

Or.....subscribe to the RGJ's default position. Blame the brown skinned mooslamic types, kick them all out of the UK leaving the white Christian population with plenty of housing, lovely national parks to enjoy and loads of Lebensraum.

Reverse the system and pay people to have irreversible sterilisation ,offer £5k and you`d have every chav slag and fcukwit queuing at the door win win win , with £5k in their pocket a lot would kill themselves with smack and the likes win win .....I should run for PM..

Last edited:
Or.....subscribe to the RGJ's default position. Blame the brown skinned mooslamic types, kick them all out of the UK leaving the white Christian population with plenty of housing, lovely national parks to enjoy and loads of Lebensraum.
There is much to like in that post as we are not responsible for the state of their countries of origin.

for example, limiting child benefit and other state payments to two children.
That's usually said by people with 2 children. It's alright for them to get taxpayers money for their lifestyle choice.
How about no child benefit? That might concentrate the minds of everyone thinking they deserve free money just for having kids.

Last edited:
Paradise

I'm a neo-malthusian. I backed this up by getting a vasectomy. I've not met anyone else with that level of commitment to not producing wailing little consumer ********* to continue to eat the planet.

Unfortunately I believe our current economic system only works when you shovel new consumers in the front end.

I'm all for the soylent approach to ageing, without the cannibalism but old people who have worked all their lives want some sort of payback for their labours and this involves keeping the useless pissing, shitting, window lickers alive at extortionate cost to society.
Perhaps if the population had more meaningful and fuller lives rather than getting thrashed for 40+ hours a week for 45 years just to put a roof over their heads and go to Tenerife for two weeks every year they would more willingly check out early and stop being such a ******* burden

reference national parks. Thats the biggest red herring ever. The UK is full of space, unfortunately on an urban level the newly retired sitting on their edge of urban, bought and paid for houses (A process started when house prices were in the tens of thousands not 100s) aren't happy about having their views blighted and corgi walking fields taken away from them.
Newly retired have plenty of time to oppose development and the vast % of planning committees consist of conservative thinking nimby pensioners happy to chin off developments.

I await the population rebalancing zombie ebola plague to rush across the face of the planet. You can't argue with mother nature/ecosystem dynamics

Build more homes in National Parks, says Government adviser | Daily Mail Online

I'm all for building new national parks but feel our existing parks don't need more housing. Especially housing that will just become expensive due to it's lovely views.

i can't help thinking that building new houses is not a solution. Maybe we should be looking at our rampant population growth...

regardless of how it is caused.

Maybe we should be looking at our rampant migrant growth as well. Without migrants there would be no problem.

without migrants there wouldn't be much of an economy
I agree. But what about those migrants who are contributing sweet fa to the country, but are claiming everything they can?

Migrants can be very good for the UK.
Unrestricted migration though, personally I think we need to get a grip of this rather rapidly.

I agree. But what about those migrants who are contributing sweet fa to the country, but are claiming everything they can?

Unrestricted migration though, personally I think we need to get a grip of this rather rapidly.
can you give some statistics to show what this is costing the country

That's usually said by people with 2 children. It's alright for them to get taxpayers money for their lifestyle choice.
How about no child benefit? That might concentrate the minds of everyone thinking they deserve free money just for having kids.
Would alleviate the immigration problem unless, I wonder how many economic migrants would travel across Europe to get here if our benefits system was taken back to a safety net and not a lifestyle choice

Even migrant workers who work draw Universal Credit and the likes if they have families and earn an average wage or less so they still cost tax payers money even when they work . (the same as low income UK citizens do)

Newly retired have plenty of time to oppose development and the vast % of planning committees consist of conservative thinking nimby pensioners happy to chin off developments.
The first part rings true here, but our biggest local planning problem is a committee that seems hell bent on approving mega developments with no parallel improvement in infrastructure.

Last edited: