Let's go mad......

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ciggie, Sep 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crap places in the UK......for once in the NAAFI, lets turn it upside down. Where is a good place in the UK ? Where would you have your dreamhouse ? I nominate middle-Somerset.
  2. Fakenham in Norfolk. For all the slagging the county takes, I've never struck such uniformly warm and friendly people.
  3. Is that like Middle Earth?

I grew up in West Somerset, nowt like it anywhere. :)
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Similar to SAC but a bit further south; Framlingham in Suffolk and its surrounds.
  5. Well, now, let's see.... there's always...no, that place is full of chavs sinking cheap cider.. there is, of course.....no, full of bloody Asians gobbing in the street and drug dealers openly flogging stuff,,,,,oh, yes there's that nice friendly place...no, that's full of dullards with six fingers on each hand screwing their first cousins,,,,,how about,,,no, punch ups in the street and absolute mongs in the shops...how about...no, that's no good either, full of porridge wogs sticking Mars bars in the deep fat fryer.....I know, that ......no, the perma-smell of curry drags that place down...there is always....no, no good either. Eastern Europeans aggressively flogging the Big Issue and smelly dogs lying on top of drunks in the doorway.

'ang on, I'll have to get to you on this one.

6. There are estates and estates. Some have more guns on than others. Some estates are in the most beautiful parts of God's universe , some are in the anal end.
  7. I know quite a few "good " places in the UK, but I am not going to let all and sundry know where they are.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Pennywell in Sunderland. Its lovely. You should all move there. Beat the rush.
  9. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Certain parts of Sussex that are further away from the railway station.
  10. Cornwall, obviously.......
  11. Yay! Pelynt, Polperro, Looe, St Isaac's.

Not Padstow though - great fish and chips, but was full of arrseholes.

To be honest - you can't beat Pateley Bridge in Nidderdale
  12. Tavistock, Devon. Small enough to be friendly, big enough to have a cinema, swimming pool, and other amenities.
    The Isle of Wight, closes at 20:30hrs, except Saturday(21:30hrs), slagged off by luvvie Emma Thompson as a place where they still stone homosexuals.Britain in the sixties, what's not to like?
  13. Pretty much everywhere East of Axeminster
  14. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Petworth for me. Great little village in the middle of knowhere, surrounded by some great countryside.
  15. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Don't be bloody soft man!

You've just included Plymouth FFS!