Let's get 2 Minute Silence to number 1 in the UK Music Charts for Remembrance Sunday!

To raise money for this year’s Poppy Appeal, The Royal British Legion has released a silent single, entitled ‘2 Minute Silence’, into the UK music charts. The single has already generated a massive following on Facebook with over thirty thousand fans and is storming up the iTunes charts. The Legion hopes the single will reach Number One in the UK charts for Remembrance Sunday.
‘2 Minute Silence’, available to download now from iTunes, is a video featuring 23 of the UK’s top celebrities, including the Prime Minister, Thom Yorke and Mark Ronson, as well as heroes from the Armed Forces.

To get it to number 1 in time for Sunday, we need as many people today as possible to go to
2 Minute Silence by The Royal British Legion - Download 2 Minute Silence on iTunes or Silent Single. We would really appreciate your support!

Lest we forget...

I know, who on earth would do that?

It would be fun to hear how the chattering Yoof DJ's would deal with introducing 2 minutes of dead air.

Why the surprise? This is not a new thing, There have been a few silent tracks that have made it on to the charts over the years.

And 2 minutes is very short.

Whats wrong with Wagner at number one ?

It worked for Rage against the Machine last year.I shall buy it if it means that any of the tv generated shite is kept out of the hit parade.

It's worth it though. Mr Blobby's on the B side 8-O

What a mega idea, I'm going to look a right tool doing the squaddie 2-step to this, down at my local late night sticky floored dancing venue.

How about we keep the 2 minute silence for Remembrance Pdes rather than all becoming mime artists for the entire month of Nov every year.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gosh. How exciting. Is anybody famous doing the sound track?

Very useful for sticking on the jukebox in the pub for a break from the shite they call pop music. There used to be a full length one for doing the same thing, it became very popular.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very useful for sticking on the jukebox in the pub for a break from the shite they call pop music. There used to be a full length one for doing the same thing, it became very popular.
'Pouring a pint of lager down the back of the juke box' never made the charts so far as I am aware. Stop being silly.

'Pouring a pint of lager down the back of the juke box' never made the charts so far as I am aware. Stop being silly.
Pouring it down my throat.......

Then pissing in the juke box coin slot, didn't waste it either. Think man think.

Put your hands in the AIIRRRRRRR!

Feel the bass, Feel the, er.....

Sound of silence has been done before mind. Wasn't there a copyright wrangle once, over who owned the rights to what amounted to a blank piece of music paper?

Put your hands in the AIIRRRRRRR!

Feel the bass, Feel the, er.....

Sound of silence has been done before mind. Wasn't there a copyright wrangle once, over who owned the rights to what amounted to a blank piece of music paper?

Simon and Garfuncle?

Whats wrong with Wagner at number one ?
He was a Bosch!!! The evil Hitler's favourite.

The 30 second silence on Radio 4 recently was bliss - all the usual suspects contacted the BBC to complain.

PS: I contacted the BBC to congratulate them on thirty seconds of silence on Radio 4 and suggested that the thirty seconds be extended to two hours to cover the bigoted and biased twerps on the 'Today' programme - the response:

what silence?

He was a Bosch!!! The evil Hitler's favourite.

The 30 second silence on Radio 4 recently was bliss - all the usual suspects contacted the BBC to complain.

PS: I contacted the BBC to congratulate them on thirty seconds of silence on Radio 4 and suggested that the thirty seconds be extended to two hours to cover the bigoted and biased twerps on the 'Today' programme - the response:

what silence?
I was thinking of the nobber from x Factor. I think everyone should vote for him, then when he releases his Xmas single, no one should buy it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
leeanne RLC 15
C RLC 73