Let's get 2 Minute Silence to number 1 in the UK Music Charts for Remembrance Sunday!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Poppy731, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To raise money for this year’s Poppy Appeal, The Royal British Legion has released a silent single, entitled ‘2 Minute Silence’, into the UK music charts. The single has already generated a massive following on Facebook with over thirty thousand fans and is storming up the iTunes charts. The Legion hopes the single will reach Number One in the UK charts for Remembrance Sunday.
    ‘2 Minute Silence’, available to download now from iTunes, is a video featuring 23 of the UK’s top celebrities, including the Prime Minister, Thom Yorke and Mark Ronson, as well as heroes from the Armed Forces.

To get it to number 1 in time for Sunday, we need as many people today as possible to go to
    2 Minute Silence by The Royal British Legion - Download 2 Minute Silence on iTunes or Silent Single. We would really appreciate your support!

Lest we forget...

2. What a ridiculous idea.....

3. I need to download a song of silence?! That doesn't make sense.

4. I know, who on earth would do that?

5. It would be fun to hear how the chattering Yoof DJ's would deal with introducing 2 minutes of dead air.

6. Why the surprise? This is not a new thing, There have been a few silent tracks that have made it on to the charts over the years.

And 2 minutes is very short.

7. Whats wrong with Wagner at number one ?

8. Its weird that a composer composed silence :) Must have spent hours doing that

9. It worked for Rage against the Machine last year.I shall buy it if it means that any of the tv generated shite is kept out of the hit parade.

10. It's worth it though. Mr Blobby's on the B side 8-O

11. What a mega idea, I'm going to look a right tool doing the squaddie 2-step to this, down at my local late night sticky floored dancing venue.

How about we keep the 2 minute silence for Remembrance Pdes rather than all becoming mime artists for the entire month of Nov every year.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Gosh. How exciting. Is anybody famous doing the sound track?

13. Looking forward to the extended play remix

14. Very useful for sticking on the jukebox in the pub for a break from the shite they call pop music. There used to be a full length one for doing the same thing, it became very popular.

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

'Pouring a pint of lager down the back of the juke box' never made the charts so far as I am aware. Stop being silly.