Let's bump off Biped - another cunning plan from the EU

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Oct 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

As we wield the axe, Europe asks for more - Telegraph

At the risk of sending Biped's blood pressure to critical and with a word of caution, particularly to veterans of the various CVF and Navy cuts threads; reading this could result in damage to your computer and other objects within range. This is the wrong side of enough.

(1 edit)
  2. Well, what can you say? The only solution to the rot in Brussels, I think, would be to negotiate a withdrawal.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I've got no sympathy with widespread cuts if this goes ahead.
  4. For an organisation that has failed it's own financial audit for the last decade, then signed off it's own accounts anyway, of course we should give them more money to piss god knows where.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you hold off a while you might get it cheap when the family sell off the goods :)
  6. Anyone surprised?
  7. We should take the Swiss approach... trading partners ONLY... reseal the borders and sort ourselves out whilst the rest of Europe pays for its experiment in social engineering.
  8. That is exactly what we used to be, hell we founded the European free trade association which is what gives Norway, switzerland, Iceland and Lichtenstein free access to the EU market.

Funny though, not even UKIP ever mentions it, eventhough membership only costs a couple of hundred million a year.
  9. But that makes sense, not exactly ANY politicians strong point!!! :-(
  10. IIRC the problem with EFTA is that to be a member you have to apply the same rules and standards on certain things as other EU member states so as to avoid unfair competition. And since they're not in the EU that means they don't get any, or very little, say in the making of the rules. As it stands now EFTA would have some benefits but also some drawbacks as well. Ideally what we really need to do is sit down and negotiate a load of opt-outs on the more problematic parts of EU membership whilst continuing to stay in it and have our say in things. But that's the dream setup, how likely we'd be able to actually get something like it is another matter.
  11. And yet those among us who have been exposing the EU for what it is over the years have suffered nothing but insults and cries of "Litttle Englanders".

The EU has one ultimate aim, to dominate and usurp all the nation states of Europe so that the political "elites" (aka corrupt Scum) need never fear their respective electorates and face the electoral consequences of their actions.

No democracy.

No freedom.

No accountability.

You have all been warned.

Me? I don't even recognise it as legitimate, nor do I recognise any of its laws, as far as i'm concerned it is a bigger threat to my country than AQ will ever be.
  12. As Pink Floyd wrote:

Hanging on in quiet desparation is the English way
  13. They also wrote "In derelict sidings the Poppies entwine, with cattle trucks lying in wait.... for the next time" .
  14. Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.