• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Let's all talk about our feelings

Hello,

My girlfriend says I hold in all my emotions and I never tell her how I feel, what does she mean by this? My ex said the same thing but I've no idea what the daft cows are rabbiting on about, personally I think they’re both hysterical.

Does your Missus ask you about your feelings? What do you say? What should I say?

Help!

DC

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can we have a forum about growing cabbages? It is not as easy as it seems. Brassicas are susceptible to a number of leaf diseases but I hear you can help prevent attack by following a three-year crop rotation, and by avoiding overfeeding. I'm not sure if that is true or if it is just some bollocks off of the internet.

Can we have a forum about growing cabbages? Eh?

Hello,

My girlfriend says I hold in all my emotions and I never tell her how I feel, what does she mean by this? My ex said the same thing but I've no idea what the daft cows are rabbiting on about, personally I think they’re both hysterical.

Does your Missus ask you about your feelings? What do you say? What should I say?

Help!

DC
What you need is a chick flick and some menthol nasal spray. Or some thinly veiled references to PTSD.

But that approach is so boring. Rather than obsess about this, why not build on your obviously promising start as a sociopath and just murder her? There's a huge sale on in B&Q this weekend (again), are you sure your garden couldn't benefit from a pretty little patio?

LB

FYI - I never ask my husband about his emotions. I just play on them unmercifully.

Can we have a forum about growing cabbages? It is not as easy as it seems. Brassicas are susceptible to a number of leaf diseases but I hear you can help prevent attack by following a three-year crop rotation, and by avoiding overfeeding. I'm not sure if that is true or if it is just some bollocks off of the internet.

Isn't this for the shed thread? I hear alotments are quite theraputic too. Wouldn't catch me on one though, it would ruin my manicure and cause my skin to over exfoliate.

DC

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

It also depends on what other crops/herbs you mingle with the brassica but I have also heard that baby shit is very good for runner beans. This is easily obtained when paunching/gralloching the recently born product of their loins prior to cooking of said item.

They are also very rich in indole-3-carbinol, a chemical which boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells. Which may, or may not, be another example of bollocks off the internet.

Can we then? Eh?

LB

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
It also depends on what other crops/herbs you mingle with the brassica but I have also heard that baby shit is very good for runner beans. This is easily obtained when paunching/gralloching the recently born product of their loins prior to cooking of said item.
Hmmm. Easily obtained but hard to mulch down one would imagine? Unless one slung them under the rotivator? Putting babies in the compostor would only attract foxes so that is not an option.

But the crop rotation thing interests me. So far as I understand it, it's brassica, legumes and grain? What the fuck does a gentleman grow in his garden that is grain? One is not a fucking farmer when all is said and done. Does grass count as grain?

Does grass count as grain?
Yes, my dearest.

But would it not be far more interesting to plant rice? You could make quite the little conversation piece by merely diverting a small river into your back garden. It has the added benefits of severely annoying one's neighbours in the event of a hosepipe ban, and bringing in reward money when the odd dead prostitute drifts in.

Or you could go with maize? Teff is also good - it tastes like cocopops.

LB x

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Did you know that beans and grain together form a complete protein? Combined, they contain all the amino acids necessary for human health, just like meat or dairy products. The huge Fabaceae, formerly Leguminosae, family (legumes) contains over 16,000 varieties. Common edible legumes include peas, beans, peanuts, lentils, chickpeas, and soybeans.

And babies' heads are delicious. The Army fed them to me so they must be good for us.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
If your partner wonders what you feel or think they are prying into things that are of no concern to them. When they ask such things they are gaining ammunition to use at a later stage.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Growing cabbage is found to be a very hardy vegetable. Cabbage grows especially well in the home vegetable garden in very fertile soils. Cabbage plants have a large range of color from many shades of green all the way to purple. The leaf varies from smooth to crinkled and with heads that are round,flat or pointed. The maturity goes from 55-130 days. The most common growing cabbage is of course the green round head found in most vegetable gardening and in the grocery store.

Cabbage is high in vitamin C and B along with minerals and is an excellent source of calcium. The calorie watchers will love this vegetable since a one-half cup serving of raw cabbage contains only twelve to fifteen calories.This does not include dressing and butter just so you will not get too excited.

Cabbage is basically a cool season crop but has the ability to grow almost anywhere since it can adapt to a wide variety of both soil and climate. Growing cabbage does best in a cool and moist climate 59-65 degrees F. If you have a well hardened plant it maybe able to briefly withstand temperatures below 20 degrees F but I believe this will depend on the type of cabbage that has been planted.
Do you have any advice about treating club root?

Latest Threads