Lets all have a rant

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by FunkyNewBlood, Sep 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, every Int Corps soldier (term used in the loosest of ways) has got a cross to bear or a grievance that needs to be brought out in to the open - for the sake of mental stability. So come on out and have a rave.... If you wish to'come out' then thats up to you, you all know what I mean!

It appears that Mother (who has written on this board) has a problem with a certain gentleman. Hes not a blonde lanky streak of immature piss is he? Someone who claims they they know everything? He didn't claim that CHESS was an Olympic sport did he? I'm still owed a choccy bar after that. Its ok, he wont read this message as he's not allowed on the works internet computer any more....hmmmmm.

Come on, vent some anger and hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

2. all i am going to say is...F***ING 2 MIN Bn CONCENTRATION!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!! and would someone please explain why some penis at the upper echelon feels the need to send us over the assault course for two days running!!!! if he is there with us doing it i will gladly eat my hat...but i would wager that my hat is going to be rather safe!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a Strongbow!!!

3. cider-glider i could not agree with you more. nothing better for sapping morale in my opinion and it never ceases to amaze me why the thought even comes close to entering peoples minds that soldiers will enjoy this sort of detritus. i think that your hat is pretty safe too - i am sure that the head shed will be admiring the prowess of their soldiers for the confines of a warm softy with plenty of hot tea readily to hand......

4. Ahh the joys of 2 MI Bn concentration. Unusually named as none is required for attending! Count your blessings that it's only 2 days, not all bloody week. I hope you're not serving in either 2 or 5 Coy (especially Edinburgh, Catterick or Brecon), then you get the added bonus of driving hundreds of miles on our fantastic roads system to get there......

5. RAAA RAAA RQAWRRRR SPIT SPIT BAH BAH BBAHHH CRY CRY

*dials the number for the Whaaaaambulance*

6. Is he having some sort of psychotic episode?

i may have had a few drinks when i had my little rant (by the way that was the point of the thread so i dont know why Davros is trying to extract the urine) but what i said stands. I do feel sorry for the catterick lot...well..at least one of them is on P Coy/ Commandos soon anyway so im sure they will lap it up!!

Must dash old boy..its saturday night and i can hear the Strongbow calling me!!!! (maybe i should stop drinking when i can hear the voices!!)

7. of course the CO and RSM and other important people will not be getting involved... they will be touring the stands watching how certain individuals perform! or actually involved in running the stands.

The reason why the assault course is 2 days running, and if memory serves orienteering/trail on successive days are pretty similar too(!) is that Swynnerton is a shithole, in possibly one of the worst areas of the country(STOKE), and the Camp has bugger all facilities and there is no imagination from the organisers.

However there is a bbq and Bn dinner for those attending. Please, please, please will someone get absolutely mullered and spout off at someone important(OR AT LEAST SOMEONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE !!!) and/or do something silly so I can have a laugh at their expense? Thanks in advance.

:D
    ODH

8. sweet jesus its all a big of shi_te, as if there is not enough hassle having to bounce between iraq and afghanistan. having to spend a week being shafted around over assualt courses really is not what people want. to think that some people will have to drive for miles to get there only to be screwed aboit for a week is beyond me. so many better paid and better looked after jobs out there and the int corps has to do this to the few remaining people it has..............moan over, its arrse and it always will be. god bless 2 mi and all it stands for

9. You lot do know you're in the army don't you?

Assault course for two days ONCE a year, must be terrible.

10. You're missing the point, it's not the deed. It's having to waste a working week in already undermanned sections, doing something you have to travel hundreds of miles to do. If the CO wants to watch his guys to battle PT, why can't he travel to the sections to watch them.

11. Er stop whinging you orrible lot, you spend the other 363 days a year sitting on yer arrses or looking through real soldiers bins in NI looking to get dirt on them.

:lol:

12. I don't think so. I take it you think you're a 'real soldier' then? That probably means you're just some signals fcukwit

13. What's up mate, didn't we want you when you applied! You clearly have less than zero idea on this subject. As for whether it is right to do Assault Courses at all - find me one soldier who really enjoys doing them (apart from **** PTIs). I have always held the view that there is absolutely no point learning how to get kicked in the mush whilst scaling a 12' wall. If someone was firing live rounds at you, you'd soon be over it (whilst barrel-rolling and returning fire at the same time obviously).

14. You lot bite so easily. I can tell you were Bin Laden is for the price of a Curly Wurly :D

15. Sorry but it sounded like you lot were whinging because you had to go over the assault course.

How often do you do it then? With or with out CO.