Let the betting begin - Bliar goes to Mos funeral

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Yes - the loyalty of the Dear Leader knows no end

2. No - he couldnt stand her and only pretended to like her

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do we think that the Celestial Navigator will turn up at Mo's exit from this Earth?

He called her a "remarkable personality" which is hardly a ringing endorsement. For example, I think that Mr Bliar is a "remarkable personality" and I have many remarks that I can make to illustrate this!

So is he using up boxes of tissues as we speak, or is he gleefully disposing of the second voodoo doll he has employed this month?

Will he don a black tie and armband for the funeral and sob his heart out, or will he watch it on the telly with a glass of champers?
  2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

YES - but not for the reason given against the option.

ONE - he got a lot of stick over Cook's funeral ( John McRirick's Arsse-olish sermon apart) and he needs to redress the balance
    TWO - Mo was a hell of lot more poular than Cook and he'll want to cash in
    THREE - he has had a lot of stick about his hols which are surely due to end any minute anyway.

If any of the NO contingent are offering odds better than 11/10 I'll take them....

Lee Shaver
  3. What if Mowlam's husband doesn't invite him?
  4. Probably, they're cheaper than socks.
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

You are a rude Old Cadet and I claim my ten pounds :)
  6. I would hope so.
  7. I was a bit taken aback at the untimely death of Mo Mowlam. Even if she did have her human failings, at least she possessed some qualities that redeemed her.

But I'm really chuffed that Phoney Tony has painted himself into a corner here: if he turns up at her planting, everybody will ask the obvious question why he failed to show when Cookey cramped his toes. And if he's not there, he'll be exposed as the heartless, unprincipled little shite that he is.

8. He'll go. Mo was real old Labour and so her pacifism was acceptable and she didn't rock the canoe too fiercely really. Also she conveniently had a brain tumour which meant most people disregarded what she said, whether prompted by the greatest Lions tourist ever or no...
  9. His appearance, or non, will depend totally on whether or not some millionaire has offered Cherie the use of their holiday pad for the period in question. The Bliars have showed that they are now up for whatever they can get prior to wnadering off from No 10.
  10. Yep, he will pitch up if invited. He needs to practice his "Lady Di", the finger pulling, lower lip quivering eulogy delivered straight from the bottom of his Teleprompt. [​IMG]
  11. Guilty, as charged...will you take a cheque?
  12. top class
  13. You old CYNIC Bernoulli.
    Bet you're right though
  14. He's been avoiding a lot of funerals lately. I'd insist that he does what is correct and proper, and attend Margaret Thatcher's, George Bush's and another one that he can't possibly avoid - his own.
  15. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4165220.stm