Let down by the NHS

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Glesga_short_bloke, Apr 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was at hospital on Monday and had an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder.
    "Everything looks fine" chirped little doctor-type-person
    While they were poking around they also had a look at my liver.
    "And your liver looks fine too!"!

WHAT? :?

25yrs of alky-hol abuse wasted! I had my first ever pint, aged 15, at a sgts mess 'do' in Benbecula in 1983. Is the NHS really in such a bad state that staff can't use the machines properly or have I been drinking below my weight for over 2 and a half decades and a therefore ... a puff

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Sound more like a pooooooffffffffff to me.
  3. Ha Ha - might it be that being a porridge wog and therefore alky hol is an occupational hazard, your liver and other innards are completly fooked but they don't want to pay for you to get 'em fixed
  4. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Some people are genetically bomb proof mate. My mum and dad both are, so likely I am as well. Some people smoke 50 a day for 70 years and die with there boots on (not likely any more though. probably need to be on 40k to afford 50 a day habit).

On the other hand I did hear of a guy getting liver failure cos he used to drink 2 pints a night. Then again it may well have been the "chronic pain medication" he was on. Bruffen like they were sweets.