Let cyclists design lorries...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by putteesinmyhands, Mar 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Simple solution to cyclists and lorries?

Keep your stupid bikes and your even more stupid lycra clad arses out of the way of lorries.

[​IMG]

Don't be the meat in the sandwich - it REALLY is that simple.

• Like Like x 13
  2. The cyclists need to put more work into this design, it still has eight wheels.

3. A snow-blower attachment is NOT an acceptable means of preventing cyclists from being dragged under lorries.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Cyclists can **** off.

Anyone who is in any doubt as to why they keep getting squashed should take a short drive along the Embankment between 5 and 6pm.

• Like Like x 13
  5. How about a heat sensor that is mounted along the left hand side of the truck, to detect any human movement in the space between the truck and the kerb. This would be managed by a GPS enabled positioning system and intergrated into the drivers workspace in both a warning and advisory capacity. Motion cameras would also provide a visual direct link along the previously blindspotted side.

Whenever a cyclist moves into this blindspot, a mainframe augmented system initiates.

Then a Big bastard comedy clown boxing glove comes out of the side of the vehicle and twats the cyslist for being a twat....and the motion guided cameras can record it for youtube.

• Like Like x 28
  6. It's kids on mopeds that I'd love to ban, the dirty jobless paupers.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Cyclists need to learn a few simple facts of life

If you set yourself down the left hand side of a commercial vehicle that is turning left it is going to squash you

Red traffic lights apply to cyclists too

Roundabouts are one way, it isn't a good idea to ride around them in the wrong direction just because its early o'clock and you aren't expecting somebody coming around it in the right direction

Steel is a lot harder than flesh, if you try to outmanoeuvre it and slot between vehicles you are going to get hurt.

Lycra is not going to save your life when it comes into contact with a motor vehicle

• Like Like x 23
  8. When they pay road tax , ill give them a cars length of space

• Like Like x 5
  9. "Hark, the sound of something operating at very, very high RPM, yet moving very slowly"

They can **** off. Either get a proper motorcycle, or get the bus.

And cyclists. One of my neighbours works for the local council, and he goes to work on his mountain bike. Fair do's. It's the lycra-clad, leg-shaving, Audi-owning twats who think they're Bradley Wiggins that piss me off.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Cyclists usually do pay road tax Turbo. It's for the cars we leave at home when we're on our bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Right, it's my patent so hands off!

I give you……… the SOI Patent Urban Safety Truck!

[​IMG]

All trucks are fitted with a dozer blade to sweep all the lycra clad cnuts off the road and dump them safely in the gutter.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Well use the car then, and get your moneys worth.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Conversely, as an ex-truck driver, I've designed this bike for all cyclists to ride.

bike.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. If they didn't ride like dicks they would live a lot longer.

I assume they plan to power the safer urban lorry on lentils and copies of The Independent. As far as I can see anyone on the road and not paying road tax and insurance has no right to bleat about anything to do with road use.

• Like Like x 5