Lest we forget on Fathers Day

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Jun 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sgt. Christopher James Jacobs, USMC, 29, was killed on Oct. 24, 2011. He had served in the Marine Corps for the past 11 years and had completed combat tours in Iraq/Kuwait (OIF) and Afghanistan (OEF). Awards he had received include, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medals (3), Combat Action Ribbons (2), Global War on Terrorism Service Medals (2), Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medals (1), Sea Service Deployment Ribbons (3), Iraqi Campaign Medals (1), National Defense Service Medals (1), and the Navy Meritorious Unit Commendations.
    Chris who many of you knew as Jake was a great man and was full of life. He was a proud father and loving husband. Chris loved his country and was proud to serve it. He died doing what he loved and that was being a Marine I believe his Grandpa Shaw (also a Marine) said it best. He always told Chris when he would get off the phone, "You know you're my Hero". Chris found it so amazing that a man who he respected so much and that had seen so much as a Marine himself would say that to him. Those words will forever stand out in my mind. Now his headstone includes the words "Our Hero".

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 5
  2. That's a nice post, but why have you put it on Arrse, a British army forum?
    • Like Like x 4
  3. If you will notice I purposely put it on the US forum. If it bothers you move on to something more British. I also posted it in honor of all the fathers, regardless of nationality, of our allies who gave the ultimate sacrifice and whose children may miss them just as much as this young child misses his.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. God rest him. Good post JJH.
  5. JJH is an extremely welcome visitor to ARRSE. Being a US Citizen and seeing as the late Sgt Jacobs served Uncle Sam, he has posted this in the US section.

Poor form, D_L.
  6. I'm glad that you feel you can speak for all of Arrse.

Personally I find him a bible thumping boring ****** who constantly bangs on about the evils of the black devil in the Whitehouse.

Each to his own but I can't help thinking that your desire to swallow him up to the back wheels is biasing your view.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anger issues? Don't hold back, tell us all how you REALLY feel.
  8. Yawns...
  9. Your right mate, this guy sounds like a top bloke, may he rest in peace.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. Because you have a US Section? are you an Owner or Moderator of this site? if not how about you **** off somewhere?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's in "US", and a nice enough post.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Why him over any other father, brother, uncle etc who also served and died?

Other than you could cut, copy and paste it easily of course.
  13. Uniquely Saccharin Media Communications.
  14. Tou really should have that anger seen to. Meanwhile my posting decisions will continue unaffected by your gratuitous vitriol.