Lesson help please!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by cdn_spr, Apr 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was going to post this in the training wing forum, but figure the RAMC et al forum might be more appropriate.

I'm teaching a lesson, as part of a JNCO cadre in about 2-3 weeks time, on the use of the morphine autoinjector. I've got a pretty good lesson as it is, and can get training autoinjectors, but was wondering if anyone here has any cool video clips/ pictures which I can insert into a powerpoint presentation (in case we're allowed to use powerpoint). Also any tips and advice would be much appreciated as well.

Many thanks in advance!
  2. Can you give people oranges to practise autoinjecting? When I used to teach it made it more interesting if the students could get there hands on something.
  3. You can try www.trauma.org and go to the image bank. They have some good material. Be aware though, I have seen many lessons turn into 'gory picture' shows, and as much as it may impress your colleagues, it won't make for a good lesson. Basically, if you're going to include pictures, make them relevant to the lesson content (you will get a better grade).
    Another easy trap to fall into is to include too much stuff, from my recollection, JNCO Cadre lessons are usually quite short and it is important that you stick to your timings.
    If you absolutely can't get what you want, PM me and I can probably send you some.

Hope that helps. :D
  4. I used to inject my stash of oranges with vodka.. On a dry exercise you can get absolutely wasted and the boss thinks your on a health food kick..

who's gonna next then?
  5. Not sure where you are from or where your nearest Med Regt is but they may be worth a call. Failing that try the Defence Medical Training Centre (Keogh Bks, Aldershot). They can prob e-mail the stuff to you.
  6. Make sure you have a large INDELIBLE spirit marker. Pick out the course joker, and demonstrate on him. A big black "M" on the forehead can take days to wash off. :D
  7. When you have finished with your lesson give it to the medics as theirs are normally carp.
  8. Would that be coy carp?
  9. Shy fish?! :lol:
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

11. Definitely haven't taught a lesson about shy fish. Perhaps I am missing out?
  12. I've taught a few lessons to people with the IQ of fish, does that count?
  13. I have an IQ of a fish, what was this post about again? :lol:
  14. it was about........

oh nevermind :D
  15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I thought you gave lessons about slack chairs