Less well sung Heroes

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
A bit like the ally thread. Less well sung heros.

I'll kick off. Admiral John Benbow. 9 Years war, Some of the fleet turned and ran... but not him. Fatally injured by chain shot, losing his legs, he ordered a cradle to be placed on the quarterdeck so's he could fight on.

John Benbow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any more for any more?

I was hoping for a thread on small penises

M

Mitch500

I thought Benbow wa a martinet who terrorised and brutalised his blokes more than the enemy?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tom Crean.

I'll be no good on this thread I'm fucking hung like a carthorse!
Then minced and put in hamburgers no doubt.

Oberst Paul Emil von Lettow-Vorbeck. 170px-Paul_von_Lettow-Vorbeck_WWI_poster.jpg

Admiral Thomas Cochrane, 10th Earl of Dundonald, 1st Marquess of Maranhão, GCB, ODM (14 December 1775 – 31 October 1860), styled Lord Cochrane between 1778 and 1831,[1][2] was a Scottish naval flag officer and radical politician.

Thomas Cochrane, 10th Earl of Dundonald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'll second that one.
Talk about living your life to the full, amazing accomplishments and fully documented.
If you have not read the book - treat yourself.

I'll second that one.
Talk about living your life to the full, amazing accomplishments and fully documented.
If you have not read the book - treat yourself.
Quite a few references to him in and around Rio naval base and over in Niteroi.

A bit like the ally thread. Less well sung heros.

I'll kick off. Admiral John Benbow. 9 Years war, Some of the fleet turned and ran... but not him. Fatally injured by chain shot, losing his legs, he ordered a cradle to be placed on the quarterdeck so's he could fight on.

John Benbow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any more for any more?
Or, some older ARRSErs might remember Admiral Benbow for a different reason, a OOB pub in Lisburn.

John McMichael - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Petrov, for having the cojones to do what his gut told him was right to avoid MAD, even if it might mean the gulag.

There's a Wiki entry, but the link below is to a blurb from a documentary that I haven't seen, which gives a bit more detail.

Petrov: “I reported it was a false alarm, despite what the screens were showing. I just believed in my judgment and experience, and I trusted those around me.”

The Red Button & the Man Who Saved the World - a documentary film by Slawomir Grunberg - Log In Productions - distributed by LogTV LTD.