Leslie Nielsen dead

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by joey_deacons_lad, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen this on the news i loved the Naked gun/ Airline films and Police Squad series. A true comedy great
    Yes i am serious and dont call me shirley
  2. Classic line of "Nice Beaver" as he looked up Priscilla Presley's skirt.

And 'Police Squad' was an all time great programme.
  3. And as to "Actors who served"
    Aerial gunner in the RCAF during WW II but war ended before he went overseas.

RIP Lesley Neilson OC
  4. RIP Comedy genius
  5. Absolutely Fab Actor, we should start a quote thread:

"This is Frank Drebin, Police Squad. Throw down your guns, and come on out with your hands up. Or come on out, then throw down your guns, whichever way you wanna do it. Just remember the two key elements here: one, guns to be thrown down; two, come on out!"

over to you!
  6. Ah that's shite news.

RIP Mr Nielsen

Giant colleague arrives at Franks desk with papers only lower torso visible. Frank Drebin to giant colleague " You have a little something in the corner of your mouth" Giant colleague "Oh thanks Frank" Half a banana hits the desk. That look to the camera just broke me up every time.
  7. Big boobed shop assistant to Drebin, 'Is this some kinda bust?'. Drebin, 'Well it is impressive, but we got to ask you some questions......
  8. "What is it doctor?"
    "Its a big building with Patients in, but that's noty important right now"

Legend. Leslie, you were a comedy genius.
  9. Ahhh, thats a damn shame, he was a funny ******! RIP!
  10. This would help if you went back a bit Travelgall, like mention we need to get to a Hospital, "what is it........etc. :)
  11. "Nice beaver"

How they got away with that one....
  12. When Norberg was in hospital after being shot to hell, burnt, animal trap etc on the boat.....something along the lines of every detective will work day in day out and leave no stones unturned until we get the ones who tried to kill your husband.......NOW LETS GO AND GET SOMETHING TO EAT..

Great comedian, who will be sadly missed.
  13. Driben- When I see five half naked guys waving knives in a park I shoot the bastards!
    Commissioner- That was the Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar!
  14. RIP funny man. Does this mean we can now look forwards to a Leslie Neilson season of films :)
  15. Much though I enjoyed Airplane and its comedic successors, the Nielsen film that had the greatest impact on me was Forbidden Planet, with the inspirational scientific excitement of robotics and space travel.

Here's what Nielsen himself had to say about it:
    Right up there with Kierkegaard, Proust, Popper and Wittgenstein. :biggrin: