Leslie Ash wins £5 million compensation

She had no chance of earning £5 let alone £5m with trout lips like that.

Money to money, dust to dust

leveller said:
And how many others get nothing, because they cant afford expensive legal eagles?

The clue is here:
The payment to Ms Ash, 47, who now walks with a stick, includes compensation for money she would have earned if she had carried on working

"It's the highest we have ever paid out. It's high because she was earning a lot of money before this happened.

"Most of the value of the award is either past loss of earnings or prospective future loss of earnings."

The infection very nearly killed her and she was in taters for a year or so afterwards.

As for the point about not affording lawyers, have you heard about "No win, No fee" ?

Hopefully a precedent has now been set. The amount of soldiers currently exposed to these bugs is unacceptable as it is, without taking into account most of them won't get a penny.

Pocoyo said:

Not so.

A new Homebase series was just about to be shot and there was talk about a MBB Christmas special.

Gremlin said:
leveller said:
And how many others get nothing, because they cant afford expensive legal eagles?

The clue is here:
The payment to Ms Ash, 47, who now walks with a stick, includes compensation for money she would have earned if she had carried on working

"It's the highest we have ever paid out. It's high because she was earning a lot of money before this happened.

"Most of the value of the award is either past loss of earnings or prospective future loss of earnings."

The infection very nearly killed her and she was in taters for a year or so afterwards.
As for the point about not affording lawyers, have you heard about "No win, No fee" ?
Many have died, does that not deserve the highest payout, or do you just accept the risk when you go to hospital, and consider a secondary infection unlucky?

Gremlin said:
Pocoyo said:

Not so.

A new Homebase series was just about to be shot and there was talk about a MBB Christmas special.
You might be a fan, I certainly used to be before she bumped into that surgeon off the Simpsons but her career was not exactly on the up.

Anyway, what is to stop her playing disabled parts.

The point is that does she really deserve £5m? Five million english squiddlies?

Well done to her legal team though.

Forastero

LE
It wasn't £5m you lunatics, it was £500k! :D

Huh, just checked again and it's gone up to £5m! It was £500k this morning. :?

For goodness sake, if you go in for that sort of 'op' and it goes wrong tough. What price vanity ?

She's had a difficult life, didn't a man drink Stella ?

Josey..It wasn't the thick lip Op she went in for. She fell off a table shagging and injured something or other. (see link)

Gremlin said:
leveller said:

The clue is here:

Sure and begorrah Sorr, would yez be after tellin' me are de taters boiled or mashed?

I remember her in quadraphenia, definately what wet dreams are made of.
It's an obscene amount of money though, maybe injured squddies will now be getting proper compensation, I wont bother holding my breath though :pissedoff:

dragknuckle said:
I remember her in quadraphenia, definately what wet dreams are made of.
It's an obscene amount of money though, maybe injured squddies will now be getting proper compensation, I wont bother holding my breath though :pissedoff:
I wouldn't - your average bloke doesn't have about £250k to spend on legal fees, especially when there's no guarantee of winning, so it ain't gonna happen for us. She might get her lips drained with some of that cash :)

Latest Threads