Lesbian soldier wins case and could get £400,000.00

A lesbian soldier who endured lewd sexual innuendo from a senior staff sergeant who claimed he could "turn her straight" could win compensation of more than £400,000, after winning her case against the Ministry of Defence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/17/nlesbian117.xml

I find this a total disgrace after the MOD just released that soldiers wounded in battle could get a max payout of £250,000, and a small pension, but once again it seems that being a lesbian with attitude and a career that was going nowhere in the first place is better off. :x

It makes me sooo angry

So where will the £400,000 reduction in budget come from in order to pay her?

And that's not forgetting how much the case has cost the MOD as well. As this case has been going on for well over a year now. And no figure has been released on the cost yet.

She also stands to earn a possible £40,000 for hurt feelings that's the bit i like ( Fooking hate) wish i had 40 grand for everytime my feelings had been hurt when i was young solidier!! i would have more than Sir Richard Branson by now.

no she has be nknow to be into men now and again if my memory is still ok it involved a major in Bosnia of which i believe she recieved a payment for as well but i don't know that for sure

This person should visit Ben Parkinson and other soldiers who have been wounded in action or disabled.
But having served with this person I doubt if it would touch her stone cold heart or make her feel guilty.
I know some very good femail soldiers who are lesbians and they dont bring their prefrences to work with them.

primovidaeo said:
This person should visit Ben Parkinson and other soldiers who have been wounded in action or disabled.
But having served with this person I doubt if it would touch her stone cold heart or make her feel guilty.
I know some very good femail soldiers who are lesbians and they dont bring their prefrences to work with them.
Did she bring them to work or were they highlighted by the sgt boy?

mediumwhiteamericano said:
primovidaeo said:
Either way, she does'nt deserve £400, 000! :pissedoff:

FrankCastle said:
primovidaeo said:
But you agree she deserves compensation?

Rumours-My-Arrse said:
FrankCastle said:
primovidaeo said:
But you agree she deserves compensation?
If she was the victim of sexual harrasment - and I still have my doubts - then yes, she deserves compensation. And the Sgt should be disciplined. But 400 Grand for a Lance-Jack? Jog on! :roll:

Jog On! haven't heard that for a few years; good effort!

Having really studied this case (for my own sad reasons) I suspect there was some sort of harassment from the sgt. And there lies the rub, there is no limit to the level of compensation so she was quids in from the start.