Lesbian officer sues Police

here
Daily Mail said:
Gay officer sues police ten years after partner did same
12th March 2007

A gay policewoman is suing her force for sexual discrimination - 10 years after her partner launched a similar action against a neighbouring force.

Heather Nesbitt, 34, is taking the City of London police force to an employment tribunal.

Just over 10 years ago she and her then partner Angela Lowrey-Nesbitt both worked for the Met. The couple had a baby by artificial insemination and both had periods of sick leave because of stress.

Both quit claiming they had been victimised because of their relationship and Ms Lowrey-Nesbitt took the Met to a tribunal over claims of discrimination.

But Ms Nesbitt signed up again as a police officer more than two years ago, this time with the City of London force.

She claims that she was victimised over her sexuality when she worked at Bishopsgate police station as a police constable. Insiders say she has spent several months on sick leave. It is understood the City force is strongly contesting her claims.

The tribunal is expected to hear allegations that she made previous claims relating to her employment in the private sector after she left the Met. When she quit the force, she had been off work for a year.

Ms Lowrey-Nesbitt, took her claim of sexual discrimination to an industrial tribunal in 1996 but it was thrown out. She later successfully sued the Met for loss of earnings under Equal Opportunities legislation.

The couple had met at Hendon police training school and later had the baby, a daughter, Aimee, through a gay sperm donor, believed to be another constable.

Both took stressrelated sick leave before finally retiring on the grounds of ill health. Ms Nesbitt was a probationer for a record five years at Edmonton and Chingford police stations in London before resigning because of what she claimed was the pressure she faced over her private life.

She claimed at the time that she was barred from taking time off work to help care for the baby. "I was sent to Coventry," she said.

"There's so much intolerance - it made me really ill. I even thought about killing myself. I had five years of it and was off for a year with stress. I lost a career I loved."

She claims she was the victim of constructive dismissal and considered legal action but did not follow through with it.

After the couple left the force they gave an interview to a Sunday newspaper describing the circumstances of their baby's conception.

Ms Lowrey-Nesbitt, who worked at Rochester Row station in central London, was 27 when she took maternity leave in 1993 to have the baby.

The couple were both members of the London Lesbian Parenting Group at the time. It is not known if they are still together. They refused to name the father of their child.
... after more compensation?

rockape34 said:
Ms Nesbitt was a probationer for a record five years at Edmonton and Chingford police stations in London before resigning because of what she claimed was the pressure she faced over her private life.
Five years - she was probably the biggest LOB to hit a police station.

Who'd want that on their relief with skills like that?

Sign of the times. There are SOME you just cannot sack no matter how useless they are, or you get hit with sexual/racial/equality/diversity/gender rules, unless, of course, you happen to be a plain single/married heterosexual white cop and then they just show you the door - end of.

But Ms Nesbitt signed up again as a police officer more than two years ago, this time with the City of London force.

What on earth were the p#####ks doing, employing her again? Wasn't one go enough? I suppose they were keeping their quotas up :pissedoff:

Not surprised it not been washed up on ZD -- there's already a tranny wearing female kit there I seem to recall.........

Bet that's a good cause for no locker room banter thanks to diversity....

Used to love that canteen culture.

mukhabarat2003 said:
rockape34 said:
Ms Nesbitt was a probationer for a record five years at Edmonton and Chingford police stations in London before resigning because of what she claimed was the pressure she faced over her private life.

Who'd want that on their relief with skills like that?
I think her length of time as a probabtioner says it all. It just goes to prove what i've increasingly realised about the police service.

You'll never get the sack for being incompatent, only for doing your job.

The fact that she's a serial complainer says a lot for her moral fibre, INTLI's hit the nail on the head, what the feck where city of london police thinking of (other than hitting their diversity targets). :pissedoff:

The sad thing is there is probably more chance of a payoff and a denial of any liability by the Force rather than a full court case.

In this day and age, the courts will find something in her favour.

mukhabarat2003 said:
rockape34 said:
Go on, whats a LOB please?

mukhabarat2003 said:
Not surprised it not been washed up on ZD -- there's already a tranny wearing female kit there I seem to recall.........
I live on ZDs patch and think I've seen 'it'. (Could have been a very ugly female officer, though.) Do they let the tranny out then or do they get nice safe indoors jobs?

walt_of_the_walts said:
mukhabarat2003 said:
rockape34 said:

mukhabarat2003 said:
I live on ZDs patch and think I've seen 'it'. (Could have been a very ugly female officer, though.) Do they let the tranny out then or do they get nice safe indoors jobs?
LOB = Load Of Ball0cks.

walt_of_the_walts said:
mukhabarat2003 said:
rockape34 said:

mukhabarat2003 said:
:pissedoff: No "it" was out and about, "it" was actually a tutor-- Now can you imagine that-- your first day in the job with your new mentor !! WTF? and dont forget folks all paid for by your taxes--BSATARDS :pissedoff: :frustrated:

chocolate_frog said:
Would a bloke have been given much time off to care for a baby?

Were they both trying to be "mum".

Strikes me as another money grab.
got to agree with the first line and the second and the third .

no1. no not a chance
no 2. who knows and who cares.
no 3 yeh def a money grabbing pair of winging bastards.

Latest Threads