Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender history month Feb 05

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BuggerAll, Jan 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

This is the No2 most important item on the Department of Work and Pension Intranet site, I publish it here so members can join in the celebration and be asured that tax payers money is not being wasted at the DWP. Perhaps it will generate some debate. or members may have some stories about Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people that I can forward to the relevant authorities to add to the history:

"Tuesday 18 January 2005

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender history month February 2005

Throughout February a short series of articles celebrating Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month will appear on the Diversity And Equality Division

The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month is an opportunity for everyone to learn more about the histories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Britain.

The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month has been welcomed by the Government, particularly the Rt Hon Jacqui Smith, who said “I was pleased to hear recently about plans by the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities to designate February each year to be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month. As the Government Minister responsible for equality, I am delighted to support this idea”.

The idea came from School’s Out!, a campaigning organisation of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people involved in education. They took their inspiration partly from the United States of America, where Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month has been celebrated since 1994."

2. Come on guys - I'm sure we can assist the Govt in supplying some stories about these sort of people. Those who have stories about murderers, cannibals and rapists should have these ready for when the powers that be decide there are enough of them about to make them worthy of commeration and honour.

3. Like a baby needs Botox....

4. No thank you, goodbye. Why exactly is it a month?

5. The more "equal" these citizens are treated the more they seem to be a pain in the arrse (excuse the pun) Who gives a sh1te, waste of money...wan5ers

6. Sknn, you really are asking the wrong people here!! :roll:

7. Except the really ugly ones with shaven heads and dungarees. Whoops, was that the sort of stereotype the DWP are seeking to eradicate.

Fcuking waste of time and money.

8. They all work at the DWP, untermenchen

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just for the avoidance of confusion - I posted this rather than tearing whats left of my hair out. I wanted reasurance that there are sensible people in the world who would actually find this sort of thing as pointless as I do, and are offended that tax payer dosh is wasted on it.

10. So whats the money doing? Going to some bummers who are going to campaign on the high street and hand out flyers and shite I get enough hassle from people just trying to sell me stuff last thing I need is back door burgulars saying stuff that doesn't phase me.

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Standby for articles full of drivel about some historical figure whose sexual preference had no bearing whatever on whatever he/she/it achieved, and was probbaly not even widely known until long after they were dead. Surely the interest is in what these people did to earn their place in history, not what they did in bed?

If this sort of tripe is relevant, why don't we 'celebrate' other special 'months':

Copraphiliac History Month

Famous Founders Of Apparently Tolerant Religions But With Unfortunate Paedophile Tendencies History Month

Fisters & Felchers History Month (or is that the same as the one they're having, with ladyboys added?)

12. Lezzer.
    Each Feb? 8O
    Lezzer.
    So we all be turning up to work in crotchless knicks, buttless leather chaps and gimp masks...8O
    Lezzer indeed :lol:

13. I for one have nothing against lesbians. I regularly read a magazine all about them. Club International is it's name I believe. There is also another one inexplicacably called Men Only. Dunno why ?

14. Funny how you have to spend a month on this subject when like many things can be as consise as a sentence:

Gays = men doing men in hoop, lezzas = women doing women with placky objects, transgenders = men with no danglies and titties, and women = flat chested birds with danglies.

15. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I wonder how Mzzz Smith will get round the tricky equality issue of the Religion Which Must Not Be Offended regarding Lesbians, gay and transgenders as perverts who should be offed by some mediaeval method at the earliest opportunity?