Lesbian ex-soldier compensation thread.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Due to the usual suspects coming out with the usual homophobic drivel, the thread has been binned. It is a perfectly legitimate subject for discussion but it's only going to stay here if we avoid words like 'cunt', 'dike' and so on, which rather prove ex-LBdr Fletcher's point that it isn't possible to be a lesbian in the army without being subject to cretinous harassment (by individuals presumably seeking to be banned or O2 tagged on Arrse).

A couple of points first though. As hackle said in the previous thread, it has never been illegal to be homosexual in the Armed Forces. It was illegal to take part in homosexual acts. There is a difference, and as he also pointed out, there was no question of having to take a declaration of sexual orientation when you joined: it was just assumed you were straight. Thus it is not axiomatic that ex-LBdr Fletcher was a 'liar' when she enlisted.

FWIW, my view is that it is not LBdr Fletcher's fault that the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme is insufficiently generous, and it wasn't actually her fault that a senior NCO sexually harassed her and exposed the army to the risk of having to make a large compensation payout. Blaming her for it is ludicrous.

Carry on if you want to...

2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Quite right. I only managed the first page before it was binned but it was fairly obvious that the mouth-breathers were out in force.

3. There are quite a few threads lately that, one can not fail to notice, have swastikas crayoned all over them...

4. Well this is a follow up reply to some of the etc etc etc...

Edited by mod - leave that kind of post for the Naafi

finnne. Sorry. Gets my goat about the swastika crayoning by some of the morons on here...

5. Shut up you spazzer and have a cup of tea. Your term of phrase was 'unfortunate', 'unfortunate' enough that if in the company of others you deserved the feeding of a handled pint pot to your lower jaw and a couple of quid for your bus fare home.

You wont get in the army, you cry too easily.

Kerry is fit though, and loaded...thats about as far as my limited intelligence will allow me to comment really.

6. I couldn't agree more Cpunk. Well done.

Bleeding outrageous some of that stuff was!

[how do you spell psycophant?]

7. It somehow reminds me of the South Park episide when Mr. Garrison is trying to get fired for being gay, some people can't help but remind people about their sexuality.

8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

drop the p old boy

edited to add: a quick moment's reflection keep it, it's more appropos of your style :D

9. Is being a lesbian technically being 'homosexual'?

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

What a ridiculous payment though! How anyone can justify getting more than an injured serviceman is beyond me.

She won't endear herselves to others by coming out with fcuking stupid statements like "I feel sorry for the injured soldiers but they knew when they joined there could be a risk of injury or even death"

Stupid bint.

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Yes. It's not from the Latin homo meaning 'man'. It's from the Greek homos meaning 'same'.

12. shocking amount of compo in comparison to the lads/lasses that are getting hurt in sandy places!

how can they justify it being so much!??

13. really....what is "exual" from then?

spare me...re-show on 3rd grade latin please....

i think you'll find the word is derived from greco-latin origins...

homo (greek) same
    sexus (latin) male / female gender

homo in Latin refers to the earth, as in humus or literally earthling!!

14. Well I was told off last time the subject of this woman came up. In today's world free speech does no include being able to express one's personal opinions if they might not be approved of by the speshul people.

Meanwhile, Cpunk is correct to moderate this thread. We know that the gay Nazis and other sorts of scum are watching and willing to stamp on ARRSE in order to force us all to publicly cow-tow to their own agendas.

15. Is what I said, not once, but twice. By the way I am a reprobate, not a fcuking reperobate, that's a rapist who masterbates after the act.