Les Irlandais et La France-300 years of Military co-operation at Les Invalides Paris.

Discussion in 'Ireland (ie. Irish Defence Force)' started by kerryman, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In view of the increased emphasis on Anglo-French military co-operation any of you who who are in Paris on business or pleasure this month might be interested in a visit to the French National Army Museum at Les Invalides where there is an exposition on Irish-French military co-operation over the past 300 years. It very diplomatically covers battles such as Fontenoy as well as the Irish contribution with the British Army in the Great War.

I took some photos there last week and I have made this little compilation below. Hope you enjoy!

Les Irlandais et la France -Exposition Les Invalides Paris 2012 - YouTube

I have also included two of my favourite marches

San Patricio- the March of the Armada Argentina in honour of its founder- Admiral William Brown from county Mayo.

Le Chant des Partisans - THE great song of the French Resistance.

About 9 minutes-I hope you enjoy it. (The exposition finishes at the end of the month).
  2. Stick to IMO
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Why? He's in the right forum on here.
  4. Micks and Frogs! What a combination. I mean, it's fated to ensure that all nations regard themselves as one. Well done!

MsG (from the pukka Bugsy - dat's me, da Mick)
  5. He is a well known troll on another military forum.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Indeed he is.Hello Tim Welcome to Arrse .I don't think your brand of bullshit will go down well here.
    (I love the fact that i can finally say that here as you cant on IMO!)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Isn't it great to be able to speak your mind :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I can't remember the perfect quote from the WW2 German spy... the Irish are very good at dying for their country, just not very good at fighting for it.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Too busy fighting and dying for other countries.Like the UK,America,france,spain and on and on and on.......
    • Like Like x 3
  10. I like the way you quote the losing side...
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Par for the course wherever they served.Kitchener never complained about having them onside.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Are you called "Mad" because youre an angry chap or just plain bonkers ?
  13. You just have to admit the English always bring out the best in the Irish. (works visa versa as well).
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Darn straight.Just look at Mali and Sierra Leone as two recent examples!:-D
    • Like Like x 2