Leonardo stands ready to support the UK Government with its intention to procure a New Medium Helicopter

2.jpg

Leonardo's AW149 multi-role utility helicopter is our latest-generation battlefield platform, reconfigurable for a wide range of demanding missions in the most severe operational environments. The AW149 is the ideal helicopter to replace the UK's ageing Puma fleet. Advanced platform and system technologies, equipment and weapons; coupled with unparalleled safety and performance, and high levels of survivability and crashworthiness; provides military customers with a highly effective, survivable and cost-effective capability. An Open Systems Architecture enables the rapid and low cost integration of new equipment to meet changing military requirements. Leonardo has an active AW149 supply chain and is therefore able to deliver 'Military off-the-shelf' aircraft in less than 24 months and prior to the current Puma 2025 out-of-service date.

3.jpg

Choosing a British-made helicopter – the Leonardo AW149 – as the UK's next military helicopter, would create a cutting-edge new production line in Yeovil. It would be an investment in UK skills, design and manufacturing, and intellectual property, which would support thousands of jobs, boost exports and contribute significantly to the UK aerospace industry's recovery following Covid-19.

Nice spam

Is it me or when i looked at a Sea King, Puma or even Merlin they looked like mil helicopters but when i see offerings now, A149 included, they look like repainted civvy business versions?!

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 563387

Leonardo's AW149 multi-role utility helicopter is our latest-generation battlefield platform, reconfigurable for a wide range of demanding missions in the most severe operational environments. The AW149 is the ideal helicopter to replace the UK's ageing Puma fleet. Advanced platform and system technologies, equipment and weapons; coupled with unparalleled safety and performance, and high levels of survivability and crashworthiness; provides military customers with a highly effective, survivable and cost-effective capability. An Open Systems Architecture enables the rapid and low cost integration of new equipment to meet changing military requirements. Leonardo has an active AW149 supply chain and is therefore able to deliver 'Military off-the-shelf' aircraft in less than 24 months and prior to the current Puma 2025 out-of-service date.

View attachment 563388

Choosing a British-made helicopter – the Leonardo AW149 – as the UK's next military helicopter, would create a cutting-edge new production line in Yeovil. It would be an investment in UK skills, design and manufacturing, and intellectual property, which would support thousands of jobs, boost exports and contribute significantly to the UK aerospace industry's recovery following Covid-19.

Who's opinion is that?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Reported for commercial advertising spam.

Is it me or when i looked at a Sea King, Puma or even Merlin they looked like mil helicopters but when i see offerings now, A149 included, they look like repainted civvy business versions?!

Bespoke solutions aren't always the best solutions.

Sometimes even the British military just require an off the shelf Transit van.
Sadly they have a bit of a habit of spending a hundred grand to get a ten grand asset.

Last edited:
Sometimes even the British military just require an off the shelf Transit van.
Sadly they have a bit of a habit of spending a hundred grand to get a ten grand asset
Yeah, true.
But if MoD did everything in a logical, commercial manner what would all the bods at Abbey Wood do?

This post has used my entire sarcasm allowance for the current month....

Latest Threads