Lenten Fast?..not fast enough!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cuddles, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cuddles has given up drink as a gesture for Lent! Scotland's abject funny five minutes on Saturday didn't help but hey, that's god-bothering for you...

So this morning I set off for work, bought petrol and a scratch card. Bingo, I won £50! Got to my client, bingo! They wanted me to do three days consulting not two...triff...All signs that living right may be the way forward.

Then on the way home, TFB rings up and asks if I can lend (i.e.give) my thriftless bro-in-law six grand. Feck, feck, feckety feck! What a forty days and forty nights to give up drinking...it's enough to make an archbishop kick a hole in a stained glass window...
  2. Ouch just reading this with a nice glass of red by the keyboard, thought about it for a min, then filled the glass back up! Good luck!
  3. Most supportive of you. Incidentally the TFB signed up for the blue ribbon too. Sadly, given she is rated for breaking strain just below Kit-kat tolerances, she fell off the wagon on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...
  4. For Lent, I'm giving up gloating about Ireland beating the 'auld enemy' in the Rugby.

oh feck it, who am I kidding.... :D

Attached Files:

5. Nothing to do with the Rugby win for the paddy's at the weekend?
  6. Nothing to do? A bit like Andy Farrell then...a 1/4 million well spent (discuss)
  7. I gave up smoking, not because of any religious reasons but because I have a sticking cold and chest infection, but at least I can still have a glass of malt at the end of the day.
  8. Fcuk your lordship very much for that thought...most supportive too! I've got twelve bottles of malt and I can't do a thing about it. :)
  9. I shall send my man servent around to remove them from temptation for you. If you have any pent up anger please feel free to give my man servent a dam good thrashing.
    I'm down to a 1/4 of a bottle (apart from a bottle of Jack D that has been gathering dust for the last 4 years).
  10. I also have given up beer for lent. Seems like a fcuking stupid idea if you ask me, but then again I am fcuking stupid. However, I never said anything about cider, port or vodka...
  11. Well it's almost like whisky...
  12. I've given up Hot Cross Buns for Lent.

....oh, and armed robbery.
  13. Smoking and not just for Lent, honest

Whisky on worknights. Ditto port.

(And kindness to household pets. And politeness to anyone. And not chewing pens to splinters. Being nice to my offspring.)

And now some tosser has sparked up a fag outside and it's getting blown in...twitch twitch where's the nicorettes?
  14. Almost being the operative word. I really should palm it off to one of my friends as a birthday pressie, but none of them like whisky or the Yank looky likey stuff.
    I'm back in God's own City next month so I will get a chance to restock.
  15. I've given up lying to myself!