Length of rest period?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Flynn101, Aug 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im aiming to join 4 Para thus Ive implemented a quite intensive fitness regime to prepare myself and am bascially running/jogging a lap around this place called Richmond Park which is the largest open space in Greater London and I think the route I take is 12k's and im running this on a day on day off (day offs I spend weight training) but is a day enough for leg muscles to rest and recover?
  2. I have enguired about this subject before on this forum and i think that the general opinion is that a day is long enough for them to recover.

Although i have got a Royal marine recuit fitness program and it says to do a run for three days in a row then rest for one day.
    mon - run
    tue - run
    wed - run
    thurs - rest
    fri - run
    sat - rest
    sun - rest

Personally i really dont know but wouldve thought that during training you will do runs on consecutive days as opposed for 1 day run next day rest!

I do know that weight training should be done every other day though unless you work different muscle groups on different days.

3. How long are these runs that you are doing?
  4. I think thats a bit much mate. Do your 12k, have a rest (gym or whatever) day and then run say 6k. Make sure you have one off day a week too.

Edited for being a really, really big mong :oops: