Lenders on your Pro Boots mate - A visit to Gore.

Mav

Old-Salt
Great write @Ravers - thanks for taking the time to do it.

Really interesting to hear detail on the amount of work that goes in to the quality checking. I've had very good experiences with gore kit... except for on the bike: I've had a jacket fail to keep me dry on the bike after 2 years and a pair of boots after 3 years. That being said, both bits of kit had been thoroughly abused, in the region of 40k miles, with a bunch of off-road miles too.

Hey,
I apologize in advance for any errors - I use google translator, because my English is bad.
I already have a UK jacket and trousers with Gore-Tex, in camouflage DPM.
Now I want to buy shoes, I chose the British Army Pro Boots.
In the shop (Poland), it is written in British Assault Boots.
What can you tell me about the shoes?
I will walk in them in the forest, the mountains (beskids), an average of 50-60 miles a month.
They are comfortable? They are robust?
Regards.

Link for boots: BUTY WOJSKOWE GORE-TEX kontrakt ASSAULT BOOTS 45
Polish language.
Boots can be seen in the pictures.
Thank you.

Hey,
I apologize in advance for any errors - I use google translator, because my English is bad.
I will walk in them in the forest, the mountains (beskids), an average of 50-60 miles a month.
Regards.

Polish language.
Thank you.
Hi Kercz,

They are not that great, but if they fit you well and you need the waterproofing then they are cheap enough.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
The top pictures of the boot only is likely the pro boot - buy a UK size bigger if I remember correctly. (Left army 2002.) The bottom pictures are of the Combat Assault Boot, which I used for years, but is not GoreTex.

Thank you,
I'm not a fan of Gore-Tex in boots, but if the shoes are as comfortable and durable, I am able to swallow.
Bundeswehr boots model 2005 is a waterproof and there is no membrane.
At this price I do not have much choice, 2 year warranty Polish producer, I do not like.
I prefer shoes contract for the army, the quality is usually better.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Hey,
Regards.

Polish language.
Thank you.
Housit Kercz,
I can only speak of my own experiences with ProBoots but I'm chuffed with mine.
I think they're from the first batch, others have complained of the soles crumbling but these keep going on and still feel like slippers.
Like you I'm no fan of GoreTex in footwear, however these are the best of a 'bad' bunch.

I am able to swallow.
Would you like to meet up to watch some films featuring well muscled and lovingly oiled gladiators ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Maybe someday: D

Thank you all, I read reviews on other sites.
I am delighted opinions, and I can not wait to buy them.
Your English is far better than you let on.

ugly

LE
Kercz, are you related to Kirkz?

Kercz, are you related to Kirkz?
No, my name is Matthew, i live in southern Poland.
I thought that the question of British shoes, best to ask for British forum, and so I came here.
In Poland, hardly anyone has knowledge on the subject.

ugly

LE
That's OK its a wind up for a poster on here called Kirkz! Good luck!

Polish boots at this price are skinned, or poor quality shoes with type material "Cordura".
Polish boots skydivers landing - winter in them cold, too hot in the summer, and when it's wet outside, wet on the inside :D
So I am looking for others, but the Bundeswehr boots are terribly uncomfortable.

Can I throw a question into the mix.

I am looking for a pair of walking shoes. Preferably something that looks like a "proper" shoe and will take a good polish.

Probably something like this:
image.jpeg

I try to walk for 2-3 hours every day, mostly on canals*, the Thames Path, heathland and roads. No heavy duty fell walking/mountains etc. just the odd bit of mud.

A Dainite sole would be better than commando soles.

Any recommendations.

*well, the canal towpaths anyway. They don't need to be that waterproof and I am not a Jesus Walt.

Something in black that polishes up and doesn't have logos or imprints would be nice (with same other qualities).

Latest Threads