Len’s Dioramas and Figures

My guess - 5" BL 60lb Mk1.

Model by Resicast?

Last edited:

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't forget to give the pipe range a pull through with a mattress.
"The Pipe Range" one, unfortunately, escaped me so I have no real idea what it means.

"The Pipe Range" one, unfortunately, escaped me so I have no real idea what it means.
<wah on>
A pipe range is a firing range mostly inside a concrete pipe. The pipe prevents stray rounds. Usually used in confined areas. See also Divis Flats...
<wah off>

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
<wah on>
A pipe range is a firing range mostly inside a concrete pipe. The pipe prevents stray rounds. Usually used in confined areas. See also Divis Flats...
<wah off>
Cheers, mate. It was a gen query, no wah/official, no blag.

One of his dioramas I think. This was a piece he made for sales purposes, him and a mate had small business called Bases and Cases. If folk remember, I mentioned his use of old cement. Well he had this on his stall at modelling shows to help with sales. The figure is a kids Britain’s toy, stripped and repainted.
9C0B2CC9-6E7C-4B92-BE2C-66ED0E62AEF6.jpeg
48EE3DF0-B5BF-4552-B4C4-25DDD779C5E3.jpeg

Last edited:
An aspect of trench life that is often overlooked. Wonder where he got the idea from.

Some idea of water supply here:
You wouldn’t believe the amount of books, period pictorials etc he had in his possession. Which incidentally, we’ve got to find people who’d be interested in buying.
He would go through the book’s researching and come up with an idea.
Ive got a diorama to post shortly that was inspired by a Dutch Master called
The Gleaners.

Next aisle up from the glass chisels.

But past the skirting board ladders, replacement bubbles for spirit levels and the rubber nails.
Close by the AVRE starting handles and the rubber track pin hammers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gundulph Military History and Militaria 31