Len’s Dioramas and Figures

I found this

looks like something I could have a go at. Any idea how much putting together these things take?
Dingerr 1/72 scale might be a bit fiddly for a first timer of your age. Stick with me, kids have got small hands, great for small stuff.
Personally to see if you really could get into figure modelling, I’d go for Airfix Multi-Pose figures in 1/32 scale at reasonable prices. The lads on here will be able to advise you on modern paints and glues. Hope that’s of some help.

If you can find them, I'd suggest these:

They're probably the easiest to assemble and paint because of their size of about 5 1/2" high and few components. Of these, the Boy Scout is the best to start on (just be careful removing the staff from the sprue). Henry VIII looks simple but the jewels would be a challenge to your dexterity.

I used to build and paint them then give them to my granddad as birthday presents. I got the fun and he got the job of dusting them.

You've doubtless found your own ways around your digital limitations but I'd suggest a big lump of blu tack and a Dremel would come in handy to cut the parts from the sprue, remove flashings and hold components still while you glue/paint them.

Last edited:

ACAB

LE
Many years ago one of my girlfriends thought my dog was an Old station.
Sigh,

As did I when I was younger .....

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
If you can find them, I'd suggest these:

They're probably the easiest to assemble and paint because of their size of about 5 1/2" high and few components. Of these, the Boy Scout is the best to start on (just be careful removing the staff from the sprue). Henry VIII looks simple but the jewels would be a challenge to your dexterity.

I used to build and paint them then give them to my granddad as birthday presents. I got the fun and he got the job of dusting them.

You've doubtless found your own ways around your digital limitations but I'd suggest a big lump of blu tack and a Dremel would come in handy to cut the parts from the sprue, remove flashings and hold components still while you glue/paint them.
Something like this is also useful if you're going to a do lot of detailing:

I like the fine detail of birdshit on the post.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gundulph Military History and Militaria 31