Len’s Dioramas and Figures

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks, I can’t build models because of my hands, so something already made that I could paint would be good.
Most busts fnaaar fnaaar while needing some assembly are usually just head and torso, offhand I don't know of any full figures that need none, that said mate I am sure we could build whatever you fancy have a go at for you and you can sling paint at it. I had a bust of my old man sculpted and cast, that's a single piece be glad to let you have one I think I have some left.

Not to be confused with the long stand and weight.
I knew a bloke who had done a bricklaying apprenticeship with Wimpey back in the seventies.

He told me he had to resit a test because he had written about supporting brickwork with Irish Jays (he had only heard it spoken).

Most busts fnaaar fnaaar while needing some assembly are usually just head and torso, offhand I don't know of any full figures that need none, that said mate I am sure we could build whatever you fancy have a go at for you and you can sling paint at it. I had a bust of my old man sculpted and cast, that's a single piece be glad to let you have one I think I have some left.
Your Dad a Tankie ?

This is the Thread I threatened you lot with. Dad started serious modelling in the early 70s. There is a couple of those early ones around, but it will show how he developed his skills. He had to quit modelling around 2005, he just couldn’t concentrate anymore.
This first I’m putting up, is my favourite of all his figures.View attachment 443746View attachment 443747View attachment 443748View attachment 443749View attachment 443750View attachment 443751View attachment 443752
Certainly an eye for detail, and the colouring is superb.

I'm not a modeller or painter, but do admire those that are, and enjoy browsing these threads, such skill.

I knew a bloke who had done a bricklaying apprenticeship with Wimpey back in the seventies.

He told me he had to resit a test because he had written about supporting brickwork with Irish Jays (he had only heard it spoken).

1579029129872.png

"Poor little feckers must get tired, holding up them bricks. Ted..."

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
@dingerr
Can't lay my hands on that bust *guffaw* but I found these, any good to you? CD case for scale
IMG_20200114_191328[1].jpg

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
That's a new one for me.
One of my first instructions from the Troop Staffie on being first posted to my Squadron. We were at the armoury drawing "that rifle" to do some SAA training and, as the Troop sprog, I was sent to the guard room for the keys.
Much howling with laughter ensued from my fellow Troop members upon my return.

Slime

LE

Many years ago one of my girlfriends thought my dog was an Old station.

daz

LE
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gundulph Military History and Militaria 31