Leishman Award?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Ventress, Jul 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

What has happened to the old Leishman Award, which I recall back in the mist of time being awarded to the best of trade each year.

I also hear it may be making a comeback. (If they can find the trophy!) I hope they realise it was an individual medal.

2. It is still awarded, an ODP was the lucky recipient last year.
    Think it was reported in the DMETA mag.

McV

3. The Leishman prize was for the highest achieving student in the in house Class 1 exam for individual trades of the RAMC.
    The reason it is not so commonly heard of is that most trades (i.e. Rad, BMS etc.) are degree based courses and as such do not have a final in house exam.
    Those in the ivory towers in Camberley are looking into this with the possibility of re-writting the rules so that more than just 1 or 2 RAMC cadres are eligable.

4. I dont think ODPs have a final 'in house exam' do they? Congrats to the young lady who was awarded it though.

5. Filberts right, the prize is now nominated by Hd of CEG who takes into account the final academic award for the individual, i.e. have they achieved a distinction, commendation.
    Now if there was an equivalent arrse award for O2 thief I wonder how the nominations would line up? :D

McV

Edited for spelin mitsake

7. I dont think ODPs have a final 'in house exam' do they? Congrats to the young lady who was awarded it though.
    Filberts right, the prize is now nominated by Hd of CEG who takes into account the final academic award for the individual,

Taking into account the two contardictory comments above how is it awarded. ie what is the full criteia. is it subjective, objective, qualitative or quantative?

You say "takes into account" what else is taken into account? That suggests a multitude of things are assessed resulting in a final winner.

FF you should know isnt your brother head of CEG?

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Having their own mop?

9. Ventress-have you not got criminals to be catching! Ive just rememberd ive left a window open!! You should be walking the beat keeping old ladies safe in there beds!

10. Not really contradictive, no final in house exam means that there is no longer a 'class 1' exam, the prize is now given to the individual whose overall course work is of the highest standard. Whats contradictive about that?

Wouldnt be able to comment on that I'm afraid, site rules etc.... :wink:

11. They don't do a final in house exam, that i understand but are awarded an external academic award. My experience although limited is that with external awards it is usually 1:1, 2:1, 2:2 or distinction, credit, pass, refer.
    When they were internal it was a percentage-easy to see who did the best. Externally thats not the case I suspect. That was what I was refering to. How if that is the only crieria does the head of CEG get involved. My daughter could work that out. Its not exactly science.

So lets wind back a few days-How and what is the documented criteria for the award? There must (you would think) be a criteria!
    Is it subjective, ...............

No waffleing. Dont say the bloke with a distinction etc as I will throw it back and say what if there is more than ....... yawn

Ps-Now if there was an equivalent arrse award for O2 thief I wonder how the nominations would line up? Quote Mc V
    You'r behind the curve with this comment. I mentioned it on another thread undoubtidly one you had read and felt you would change it slightly and try and get a cheap laugh and credit. You are now on the boring cun*ts list. Boring cun*t.
    I suspect I may win the award for best and worse O2 thief as im the only one on the AMS forum. Once again, this time with an adjective- Thick boring Cun*t