Leicester Square Evacuated?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bradstyley, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone heard about this? Anyone up in town seen anything happening? just had a mate whos working there text me saying they've been evacuated, told to avoid windows, lots of Police around.nothing on news as yet...
  2. No idea but this is a live web feedwebcam
  3. Just had an email from him they're being let back in now...
  4. hoax then possibly?
  5. No idea! He hasn't been told anything-seems likely though...
  6. I was sitting in the Bear & Staff on Charing Cross road once when there was a bomb scare in the area. The Police gave us five minutes to clear the area or stay in the pub until it was over.

As I lived in a flat overlooking the square I felt there was no point going home & kept calm & carried on - quite good being able to blame my hangover on the Old Bill!
  7. I just received an email from a training company that I'm doing a government contract with saying that there's increased security at all London sites.
  8. Yes, there are rumours that elements within the Labour party are intending a mass suicide pact, Jim Jones stylee.
  9. WOOT!! Find a webcam quick!!
  10. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Bastard! You are just trying to cheer us up and get our hopes high.

11. Sorry................ there is an update................ Gordon Brown is to ride naked around the West End. Godiva Enterprises his PR company suggested the idea as his best chance for the May election, following the debacle of Brighton. The Met police have refused a loan of one of their horses, the CGS has told him to fcul off as well........................
  12. In what way is quip about the Labour Party Funny?
    Hopefully most of you will be glad that the Bomb was a hoax and Leicester Square is now back to normal
  13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

14. It's funny because that's what we do. We've seen more nasty things than your average bod so, to be fair, learn a little before you get all high and mighty.

However, the fact that you've just 'joined' makes me think you're an ARRSER hiding behind a false ID?

Either way - do one.
  15. In what way is it NOT funny...I find the mental image of the labour party trotting into Leicester Square and downing cyanide hysterical...you have NO sense of fun!!

I also sense a '2nd account' here!