Legs ache

Paratus44 said:
i got good trainers, am running 5k a day and botom my legs well ache have only been runnin afe weeks i have acouple rest days a week
Have a couple of weeks off mucker. Shin splints maybe?

Paratus44 said:
afew weeks? will i loose all my fitness if i do that?
Only if you spend the time in KFC, Burger King, the Pub and on 60 tabs a day.

You could always ask a medical professional instead mate - they tend to have experience in medical matters :wink:

E-Layer said:
Paratus44 said:
i got good trainers, am running 5k a day and botom my legs well ache have only been runnin afe weeks i have acouple rest days a week
Have a couple of weeks off mucker. Shin splints maybe?
If you dont want to knacker yourself Id take this advice. You can still go swimming, cycling etc but you need to ease down on running or face the consequences. Could also cut the distance down and just jog on grass to warm up down after a cycle

Paratus44 said:
is swimmin, cycling gona help get my 1.5 mile time down?
Possibly.

I get the impression that you have possibly left things a little late in your Phyz? that 3 weeks off will be devastating? What's the panic?

Mate,

What you are being told is to carry on the CV work, carry on the fat-burning but reduce the impact on your legs - for now.

If you don't follow the advice then the 3 weeks off through choice could end up as 3 months on the orders of the doc.

Your call mucker.

Another idea is to get a small round trampoline like the one used in aerobics and run on that which will have less impact. Swimming lenghts and cycling will keep your stamina up. As previously said its harder to come back after an injury so prevention is best.

Paratus44 said:
is swimmin, cycling gona help get my 1.5 mile time down?
Nothing will help your 1.5 mile time like running, but anything that gives you a good cardio workout (i.e. gets your heart & lungs working hard) will be some help. Also, you will run faster if you lose your gut (no offence - you mentioned it), & swimming & cycling & circuits, and many other types of exercise, can help in this.

What time can you do now? What time are you hoping for?

Good luck.

also hit the weights, with the right lifting routine you can improve your running performance*, somthing about stregthening the muscles in your shoulders and back to help your breathing. Improving the circulation in your upper body and doing squats/leg presses etc to built up musle in your legs that is usually forgotten by running cause stuff like runners knee or somthing like that.

this is just info i have recieved from various sources, it would proberly be best to go see a medical pro ... but a most people never bother ...

*i heard it somwhere

Try Aqua Jogging

I sorted my life out recently and my legs were stiff on runs for the first 3 weeks and that was for a run every day except for weekends.

It took me five weeks to knock 2 minutes off my 1.5mile run time (and that was as part of a PFT so included press-ups and sit-ups beforehand which affects your run time slightly).