Lego-Land Trip...Urban Myth or Classic Wind Up ?

#1
I wonder if any ARRSERS could shed some light on this story...I was in a different Loc on this EX so can't tell what was myth and what was real.

7 SR in the field...late 90's. A Rad Tp Sgt, lets call him Sgt B, was too busy to go to the O-GP briefing (I've heard various reasons...still in his doss bag etc) so sends young Siggy, lets call him Sig Milly.

Sig Milly comes back with copius info for troop and proceeds to brief Sgt B....BLA BLA BLA...o yes the RSM's organised a seniors trip to Lego-land tomorrow...all seniors that are off shift and who want to go should be outside on the road next to this location, dressed in civvies at 14.00 hrs.

Sgt B is therefore dressed in his sports kit the next day at the side of the road...looking forward to a seniors pissup in Lego-Land.

Landrover drives past him with CO in front and RSM in the back...screeches to a halt...the badge jumps out the back of the rover...."Sgt B WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU DOING DRESSED IN CIVVIES ?"

"I'm ready for the Lego-Land Trip sir"

"WHAT FCUKING LEGO-LAND TRIP YOU CNUT !!!!"

I heard that the rest of the regimental seniors hid Sig Milly from Sgt B's wrath until EndEx....

Anyone else heard this story ? True / False ?
 
#3
pm me please as i was in 7 pigs @96-99 i also heard those rumours , not sure who it was about though?
 
#4
He was in 7 Sigs - Germany, and Lego Land is in Windsor - England. Emmm

Boney
 
#5
boney_m said:
He was in 7 Sigs - Germany, and Lego Land is in Windsor - England. Emmm

Boney
Legoland is also in a particular european country you twa t boney!!
 
#6
andyb264 said:
boney_m said:
He was in 7 Sigs - Germany, and Lego Land is in Windsor - England. Emmm

Boney
Legoland is also in a particular european country you twa t boney!!
Tw@t, thanks for that. I'd have got me coat without insults :twisted:

I'll get it anyway.

Boney
 
#7
boney_m said:
andyb264 said:
boney_m said:
He was in 7 Sigs - Germany, and Lego Land is in Windsor - England. Emmm

Boney
Legoland is also in a particular european country you twa t boney!!
Tw@t, thanks for that. I'd have got me coat without insults :twisted:

I'll get it anyway.

Boney
Dont take offence boney, not your fault that the originator could not specify a particular end user!!
 
#8
I apologise for not specifying "Lego-Land Denmark"

I assumed you'd work that out...but then we all know "assumption is the mother of all fcukups..."

I'll get my coat too

rsf
 
#11
Yep, I remember Milly, I joined the troop just after they came back from that ex. It was quite the talk of the troop.
Milly was always up for a laugh and a wind up.
Anyone know where he is now? I know he left to go to Uni but that's about it.
 
#13
Cheeky Get ! :)

I'm doing okay though, still managed to get a girlfriend who is 25. Not bad for an old man I think :)

I remember Milly left a couple of months after me, but have no idea where he went.
 
#15
This staffy:
Was he the one who wanted people to sharpen their whip sections, shovel blades etc?
If memory serves he also once recommended keeping a 'blade' in your doss bag for cutting yourself out should some fundamentalist appear in your 9x9 (for example when your breakout zip jams and the entire ARRC defences has collapsed around you).
Is this the one? :?
 
#16
roadster280 said:
Sorry to drag up old thread, was looging for something else, and found this.

This would be the same Sgt B that said to say "Sig Porsche", "I promised the missus I'd bring home something for dinner, run down the Naafi and get me a pack of mince". Being a nipper, Porsche had no idea what the fcuk he was on about and comes back with a packet of Polo Mints. Classic.

Since Sgt B stitched me for waiting on, (and I got his fcuking table), I am only too pleased to reacquaint myself with the LegoLand experience.

Sgt B wasn't a bad bloke, unlike the staffy of the time....
Agreed 'Drinks' had little man syndrome, what a knobber!
 
#17
OMJT said:
Yep, I remember Milly, I joined the troop just after they came back from that ex. It was quite the talk of the troop.
Milly was always up for a laugh and a wind up.
Anyone know where he is now? I know he left to go to Uni but that's about it.
OM - would that stand for Old Man J... T.....? What you up to?? I was YofS Kev P's gofer who swanned off to South America for 4 months, and had the Green Discovery......

:lol:
 
#18
timebandit said:
roadster280 said:
Sorry to drag up old thread, was looging for something else, and found this.

This would be the same Sgt B that said to say "Sig Porsche", "I promised the missus I'd bring home something for dinner, run down the Naafi and get me a pack of mince". Being a nipper, Porsche had no idea what the fcuk he was on about and comes back with a packet of Polo Mints. Classic.

Since Sgt B stitched me for waiting on, (and I got his fcuking table), I am only too pleased to reacquaint myself with the LegoLand experience.

Sgt B wasn't a bad bloke, unlike the staffy of the time....
Agreed 'Drinks' had little man syndrome, what a knobber!
Drinks wasn't so bad, though I wasn't impressed when he phoned up to get me to go round to his gaff to collect the troop keys or something, just as England were about to take on Germany in Euro 96... quickest I have ever gone round pads patch and back to camp again.... :p
 
#19
BTW, remember the trip back from Denmark on the aforementioned exercise - everyone totally chinstrapped, convoys alles uber der platz... effing crazy - remember watching the front end of the convoy trundling the wrong way past Hamburg, and asking the Troop Cdr if we should follow them to point out the error of their ways, or follow the route card, and the answer back was along the lines of bugger 'em, let 'em go the long way.
Even the officers were driving we were that bolaxed. Didn't some driver leave his co-pilot behind at a Rastplatz as well? Happy days.....
 
#20
YES the driver that drove off without his co pilot was in my troop and here a clue...6 ft 6.... sunken eyes......In a state of perminent confusion.....Bit like my spelling....He is a good guy and working with another mate in civ div..Another clue as to his ID...He drove the hyster into the Armorey in 7SR Herford...How could you miss it!!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old_bloke Travel 23
Arte_et_Marte Current Affairs, News and Analysis 20
S The Intelligence Cell 32

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top