Legion to british army

Yes.

Has happened. I knew a Brigadier (UK not the French rank) who started in the Legion. However, check out "UK residency requirement".

Tony H-C (RIP)?

Knew a chap back in early 90's ex navy, tried for SBS, told to sling one because he was navy not RM, so did his time, left then got into 2rep(FFL) did his time there, (got to Sgt ), then joined LI. One of my JNcos, good lad, real grafter.

Knew a chap back in early 90's ex navy, tried for SBS, told to sling one because he was navy not RM, so did his time, left then got into 2rep(FFL) did his time there, (got to Sgt ), then joined LI. One of my JNcos, good lad, real grafter.

Why didn't he just go SAS instead of all that pissing about?

He was still serving when I left, so no idea. But if he did and I knew and I told you I'd have to kill you!

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
See here; http://army.mod.uk/join/How-to-join.aspx

But in brief;

To join the Regular Army you should be:
  • British citizen, or
  • British subject under the Nationality Act, 1981 or
  • A citizen of a Commonwealth country. To join the Regular Army, you'll need Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or have resided in the UK for five years before you start an application to join the Army. You must not have been out of the UK for a continuous period of more than 180 days (six months) during this five year period. To join the Army Reserve, you need to prove that you either have British citizenship or Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement) in the UK. or
  • British Protected Person or
  • Citizen of the Irish Republic. For the Army Reserve, you will need to no longer be living in the Irish Republic to be eligible to join

lextalionis

War Hero
I met a lad at ADSC who deserted the Legion after a few years. It doesn't seem to be a problem. He did say that the British Army was more intense in some ways than they were. Just don't visit France in the meantime! They'll probably arrest you.

Latest Threads