Legion of Frontiersmen.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by fatstab, Dec 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone heard of or had contact, or dealings with a unit called 'The Legion of Frontiersmen'? I have been in the TA for 8 years and I have never heard of them. A friend of mine has asked me to to join, he says that it is a real unit but it sounds like a private militia for wannabes. Any information would be gratefully received.

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

3. I seem to remember seeing some instruction from the Army or MOD, possibly even a DCI a few years back stating that membership of the Legion of Frontiersmen was incompatible with military service as the group had links to far right extremists. Now I don't know what the current state of play is but I'd be inclined to be very cautious. You would be well advised to contact your unit adj or a PSAO before doing anything.

4. At last - something that STABs can laugh at! :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  5. i sold a no.2 dress uniform to a guy in LoF - seemed clucking weird to me, different units around UK, and the world - with their own uniforms, ranks etc

it weirded me out talking to the guy - my advice / gut feeling: stay well clear

6. A mix of fat gits, old duffers and lunatics.

Are they recruiting?

7. A shower of CNUTS-Having seen them in action at Blair Atholl

8. I like the cowboy hats - do they supply the horse - do I get a gun?

Ok, back in search of an open bar...

9. I saw them attempt a display of "tent pegging"at Sandringham, and it was mind-bogglingly sh1te. They really were a bunch of old duffers, fat knackers and lunatics. And they ride horses like old people fcuk.

10. :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :D

Oh I think I may wee myself!!!!!!!

11. They are also riven with internal politics, various national divisions refusing to recognise each other.

I seem to recall the head of the Australian bunch being outed for claiming service in the SAS and a host of medals to which he wasn't entitled.

All in all probably best to think of them as a walty bunch of Rotarian types and steer well clear

12. They make the FANY's look like commando's, and that's no disrespect to the FANY.

I didn't notice, but apart from swords, and tent pegging mallets, do they have weapons?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I should hope not! 8)