Legion of Frontiersmen II - Return of the Jedis

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Good CO, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The other thread seems to have died, although I have yet to work out why. The last page either takes forever to load or doesn't load at all. Therefore please continue here and if I crack the problem I'll stick the two threads together.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good CO

I've too find that the last page quoted seems to be a "dud". However, if you click on the penultimate page number (233 at this time), all is usually well. I think the system is showing a page that is not yet in use - almost in anticipation of its use (fitted for but not with). A glitch?

3. I've noticed this with the larger threads - LoF and Walties.

Wondered whether it's just a database locking prob - too many viewers along with more than one tring to update?.

Just a thought

4. Heh. Anyone done any diggin about "General" Michael J Donnelly "KSG, QGM?

Highly amused to see him also represented as "Lt Colonel Chevalier D. Michael J. Donnelly, KSG, GCSM, QGM of the British Royal Army, Protocol Officer and Body Guard of HRH Prince Andrew of the British Kingdom"

I didn't know Prince Andrew had a body guard, did you?

Come to think of it, what's the "British Royal Army"?

5. JJ

See page 233 of original thread regarding "General" Mike D.

6. Or check the "What is this?" thread in Officers.

7. Does any one know if there is a Branch of the Legion Of Frontiersmen in Belfast? I know a walt who would be absolutely ideal to become their President. He even uses the "famous by proximity" stratagem to further the illusion that he is a Veteran War Hero. He once attended an event which included, Gurkhas, Chelsea Pensioners, Fd Marshalls and genuine decorated war Veterans and guess what, he was famous too!! It must be something similar to passive smoking, passive War Hero Status acquired by proximity!!

M83

8. Donnelly claims to be a KSG (Knight of St Gregory), a papal decoration for service to the Catholic Church community. Even if this were true, while he can use the post nominal KSG he is not allowed to use any reference to Knight or Chevalier as this is never used by those with this or any other Papal Order. I find it difficult to believe that he would go to the expense of purchasing the valid uniform worn by a Knight of St Gregory - but who am I to say. As a point of order though, the picture of him in the uniform of a papal Knight with the breast star of the Order on his chest as well as the neck dec would mean that he was not KSG but rather KCSG with star. So, wrong post nominals for the uniform he claims to be able to wear. Highly suspect.

9. Skypilotuk

Can you please provide a link to the picture with Captain Donnelly in KSG uniform? I think I missed that one.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

11. ISTR there were a LOT of deletions over its history. Could it be that the ghost pages are killing it?

12. I think my last post over on the other thread finally got posted and it allowed me to open up page 234.
    It's like these guys are a international conspiracy to gather all the wannabes under one banner. But what bugs me is , "do they think everybody else is stupid?" Like this guy over here going from a Master Cpl to a RSM? Come on! Be serious! And all the Medals suddenly appearing on his chest? Out to be shot in the middle of the Parade square with a ball of his own shit.
    Do Ya'll have charge over there like contrary to good order and disipline? Or ,maybe Impersonation of a human being!
    And before anybody says anything, Yep my spelling sucks , Hell I was educated under the American system, that's just normal.
    In that light ya'll know im up on my conspiracy thoughts, Hell Im an American!

13. Had one uberwalt here in July, who attended a service at Manchester Cathedral bearing a standard, and was accompanied by a piece of totty bearing his personal standard.

Much wailing and gnasing of teeth has ensued, and the walting cnut is of a litiginous nature and likes to threaten people with legal action for challenging his walting activities.

14. No pictures of that walt? I assume his personal standard/banner had his "coat of arms" upon it. I wonder if his arms are genuine or he's looked up the Arms listed for "Mitty" in a book on heraldry?