Legalizing Cannabis

So obviously one way to prevent this would be to hit the black market in it and make it available to adults only from authorised retailers, this would reduce the black market and lead to less dealers as the money would not be in it for them.
Weed would then go the same way as tobacco,

I live near a port. About one third of the cigarettes and loose tobacco consumed here is smuggled. Punters buy the smuggled stuff because it's much cheaper due to the tax on tobacco in the shops. As you say, legalising weed would reduce the income for dealers but it would certainly not eliminate them. The law enforcement problem would just move from the police to the tax authorities at HMRC.

Believe me, the only solution is to bring back the death sentence for anybody caught with a spliff.

Do you just post random links without reading them?
From the preview of the very first hit on your search and it's the Lancet and the most recent. Here's a helpful hint, "Reefer Madness" wasn't a real documentary.
View attachment 339100
Thanks for the excuse to post this.
Back on thread, I'm all for the licensing of cannabis derivatives for medical use, especially if they can produce something that helps my chronic ostearthritis knee pain. Coz Tramadol does nothing for me and my doc said that Morphine is currently the next rung on the pain ladder.

I think Lord Hague said something along the lines that the war against cannabis was unwinnable so why not legalise it and tax it?

Fair enough but what about cocaine, could not the same logic be applied to that and if not why not? Genuine question.

Tobacco and alcohol are legal but there is still massive smuggling and illicit production of both.

I think Lord Hague said something along the lines that the war against cannabis was unwinnable so why not legalise it and tax it?

Fair enough but what about cocaine, could not the same logic be applied to that and if not why not? Genuine question.
Good way of lowering the crime stats though.

Canadian Senate votes to legalise too - expect @Guns posts to get really weird in a few months, or at least weirder
I'm already getting ads in Arrse for marijuana (I'm in Canada). That didn't take long.

That's right, the ARRSE COs are raking in the cash by shilling for Big Weed.

weed.png

Julian Fantino, former Conservative cabinet minister, and before that head of the police in Toronto (and several other cities before that) once said that legalising marijuana would be like legalising murder. He is now chairman of a marijuana company (a different one than in the above ad). My how that tune changed when the money jingled.

I'm already getting ads in Arrse for marijuana (I'm in Canada). That didn't take long.

That's right, the ARRSE COs are raking in the cash by shilling for Big Weed.

View attachment 339136

Julian Fantino, former Conservative cabinet minister, and before that head of the police in Toronto (and several other cities before that) once said that legalising marijuana would be like legalising murder. He is now chairman of a marijuana company (a different one than in the above ad). My how that tune changed when the money jingled.
You got to live within the system, man.
Sort of reminds me of the CPGB, who, during the Stalin era, allegedly received bags of cash from Soviets and invested it in property, a tour company, a sandwich shop and t-shirt printing business. It is further alleged that the remains of these businesses have been rolled up into a single Limited Company whose Director is a former CPGB official. Morals are flexible when it comes to cold hard cash.

At a guess, because cocaine is significantly more addictive and harmful than cannabis?

Tobacco and alcohol are legal but there is still massive smuggling and illicit production of both.

I wonder what they class as harm to others? Other than DUI, I can't imagine a stoner causing many issues other than not turning up for work! :-D

I wonder what they class as harm to others? Other than DUI, I can't imagine a stoner causing many issues other than not turning up for work! :-D
Possibly robbing people to buy the stuff in the first place or maybe the ones mentioned earlier who get psychotic episodes.

If it is 100% medically pure, and not 'stepped on' 15 times, then sure.
How can the likes of Keef Richards keep doing it? Because he is rich as croesus, and gets the pure medicinal stuff.
Keef hasn’t done cocaine or heroin since the early 80; gave up because it was affecting his music. He describes the process he went through in Life; scary.

Still smokes and does dope but he’s been dry for a while too. Ronnie Wood has given up smoking, drugs and drinking; their pre-gig sessions can’t be the same anymore!

Possibly robbing people to buy the stuff in the first place or maybe the ones mentioned earlier who get psychotic episodes.
I've known quite a lot of stoners, here and in the US, was even married to one! I've never heard of anyone stealing to buy weed. As a community, pot smokers are usually happy to share their stash with others, within reason, so just as someone might cadge a tobacco cigarette off a mate, one pot smoker will happily share their spliff with someone who is without.

You got to live within the system, man.
Sort of reminds me of the CPGB, who, during the Stalin era, allegedly received bags of cash from Soviets and invested it in property, a tour company, a sandwich shop and t-shirt printing business. It is further alleged that the remains of these businesses have been rolled up into a single Limited Company whose Director is a former CPGB official. Morals are flexible when it comes to cold hard cash.
This was once the official CPGB office in Glasgow, I went to a few gigs here in the 70s (they had a club licence and would rent out rooms to organisations and individuals), It's empty now and on the market. You may notice the windows are painted out, when Labour, Conservative and SNP were renting office space in Scotland the CPGB owned this. Tankie propaganda shown in the Soviet Union would claim it was bought with subscriptions and bequests from British workers, and not of course Russian gold.

I've known quite a lot of stoners, here and in the US, was even married to one! I've never heard of anyone stealing to buy weed. As a community, pot smokers are usually happy to share their stash with others, within reason, so just as someone might cadge a tobacco cigarette off a mate, one pot smoker will happily share their spliff with someone who is without.
I've known loads. If they aren't working how do you think the thieving little cnuts manage?

I've known loads. If they aren't working how do you think the thieving little cnuts manage?
That was a thought of mine, the dole only goes so far.