Legalizing Cannabis

Enjoy the massive hit the NHS will take - further than now if Cannabis is legalised for recreational purposes

https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=cannabis+mental+health&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

as a pain sup-resent or "authorised" medicinal purpose maybe - not some kid saying it for a reason to smoke it
Do you just post random links without reading them?
From the preview of the very first hit on your search and it's the Lancet and the most recent. Here's a helpful hint, "Reefer Madness" wasn't a real documentary.
1529567372889.jpeg

Background Whether cannabis can cause psychotic or affective symptoms that persist
beyond transient intoxication is unclear.

Why are alcohol and tobacco legal then?
Legal Alcohol and legal tobacco is. Illegal versions are not basically under HS regs. Drugs can be had, subject to licence, Guns can be had subject to licence. Cars are driven subject to licence because there's money in licencing. In other words there's an element of damage limitation.

Ain't it the truth, my Bold.
There are truths no matter where you look. However if we look on drugs as a war determined only by the ability of Criminal gangs to circumvent traditional controls then fine. But it's much more than that. It's about the countries and the millions who are affected, particularly central /south America in the production of said drug products. Guatamala,Brazil, Colombia, Honduras etc. Hundreds of thousands a short and brutal life, the gang warfare on the street's across the world. That doesn't include the extortion and money laundering that comes from it. If people want to justify recreational use, fine but it'll never be justified to me, it's just self centered in most cases. As I said before we are not America- we introduced Cocaine smuggling legislation in the 1920's so it predates the US legislation by some margin. Drugs smuggling is probably the largest industry in the world and it harms for profit. It's nearest is probably gambling and the shrieks of pain that come from that industry when the Government put a £2 limit was palpable. So if we give up on this war-we are actually letting down a hell of a lot of people.
Much of that I agree with. Two years ago I’d probably have agreed with it all!

Cannabis is a weed that grows pretty much anywhere with little tending. Maybe not in the UK climate but I could take you to multiple sites here in NSW where it grows wild. I’ve been to places where cannabis plants are as common as nettles. It doesn’t need South American drug lords in the supply chain and they are only there because it is banned.

The supply chain doesn’t need to be any different from that for any other herb. We don’t buy basil from South American drug lords.

Legal Alcohol and legal tobacco is. Illegal versions are not basically under HS regs. Drugs can be had, subject to licence, Guns can be had subject to licence. Cars are driven subject to licence because there's money in licencing. In other words there's an element of damage limitation.
No real reason not to have legal recreational cannabis then, is there?

The supply chain doesn’t need to be any different from that for any other herb. We don’t buy basil from South American drug lords.
Well there's the thing, probably largely because Basil isn't grown by drug lords. However the general issue is said to be about the issue of profit per crop. Except this time the economic argument tends to be a rather cheap one way 7.62 or .223 and a bit difficult to resist. In the normal world these are called duress and extortion and are generally considered crimes. Of course, you'll probably find that in the scheme of things- you probably are buying Basil from him.
No real reason not to have legal recreational cannabis then, is there?
No reason at all, just give the HS a call and persuade him to give you a licence under s 7 MDA. I don't rate your chances much and I'd tend to agree with the HS.

Cannabis is a weed that grows pretty much anywhere with little tending. Maybe not in the UK climate but I could take you to multiple sites here in NSW where it grows wild. I’ve been to places where cannabis plants are as common as nettles. It doesn’t need South American drug lords in the supply chain and they are only there because it is banned.

Grows fine in Scotland, a variety was grown for centuries for ropemaking.

J
Well there's the thing, probably largely because Basil isn't grown by drug lords. However the general issue is said to be about the issue of profit per crop. Except this time the economic argument tends to be a rather cheap one way 7.62 or .223 and a bit difficult to resist. In the normal world these are called duress and extortion and are generally considered crimes. Of course, you'll probably find that in the scheme of things- you probably are buying Basil from him.

No reason at all, just give the HS a call and persuade him to give you a licence under s 7 MDA. I don't rate your chances much and I'd tend to agree with the HS.
Leo, can you translate into English!?

More seriously, I picked the basil example because cannabis is far easier to grow than basil and because basil oil is made is exactly the same way as cannabis oil.

We process about 20kg of cannabis a month, none of which is grown by drug lords in South America. None of our product is used for recreational purposes (it can’t be); no-one gets high. Our raw material is mostly grown by people who benefit from the oils; they grow a few plants in return for a product that keeps them pain free and alive. Some of it is feral.

The law is a crazy on this, often enforced by morons who don’t see beyond their authority. It criminalises people who grow and process a weed that saves lives whilst encouraging illegal cartels in the developing world.

More seriously, I picked the basil example because cannabis is far easier to grow than basil and because basil oil is made is exactly the same way as cannabis oil.

We process about 20kg of cannabis a month, none of which is grown by drug lords in South America. None of our product is used for recreational purposes (it can’t be); no-one gets high. Our raw material is mostly grown by people who benefit from the oils; they grow a few plants in return for a product that keeps them pain free and alive. Some of it is feral.
and it's licenced for that purpose isn't it? The processes don't matter. My point is that the drugs lords do have legitmate businesses and on the supermarket shelves you probably buy their products.

I’m no expert on growing, but surely the rope making hemps are low cannabinoid? Do indica plants grow well and produce plenty of cannabinoids in the Scottish climate?
Yes but they do tend to get eaten by deer.

There is now sufficient evidence to show that those who use cannabis particularly at a younger age, such as around the age of 15, have a higher than average risk of developing a psychotic illness,
So obviously one way to prevent this would be to hit the black market in it and make it available to adults only from authorised retailers, this would reduce the black market and lead to less dealers as the money would not be in it for them.

Why are alcohol and tobacco legal then?
Because we have had them for centuries/millenniums and they are ingrained in society. If they were discovered yesterday they would be banned.
Both cause massive social issues despite being regulated so its probably not a good idea to add other harmful substances to the list of legal buzzes.

So obviously one way to prevent this would be to hit the black market in it and make it available to adults only from authorised retailers, this would reduce the black market and lead to less dealers as the money would not be in it for them.
Even that’s a questionable strategy for me. It just inflates the price.

We make a range of oils and tinctures from common herbs. Take rosemary oil; we make it with an almost identical method to that we use for cannabis oil; an alcohol extraction. One big difference; the rosemary oil is entirely legal so we can buy bonded duty free alcohol and account for it’s process consumption. There’s none in the finished oil so no duty to pay. Rosemary oil costs about 3 cents a millilitre to make.

Cannabis is a herb just like rosemary. Left to its own devices, we could source adequate cannabis as a weed for next to nothing. And, if the product was treated the same way, the alcohol would be a similar duty free consumable.

But we can’t source cannabis as a weed. We had to source it in open competition with the recreational supply chain. And we had to pay duty on our alcohol then evaporate it off. So the cost price was nearing $1 a mil before we account for the risk we are taking.

I use the word had for a reason; most of our weed is grown by customers, most of whom are mature and respectable. They grow a few plants each; too few for it to be an issue. Some of them have serious jobs in authority....

Our alcohol is made by a customer. He was sent home to prepare to die with stomach cancer nearly two years ago. At the time he was being fed through a tube. His doctors told him he had three months. For some bizarre reason he’s still alive and the last time I saw him we bought him lunch; steak and chips.

Just ******* legalise it. It’s a weed. Unlike tobacco, alcohol and the other so called recreational drugs no-one ever died from smoking pot let alien ingesting the stuff.