Legalizing Cannabis

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to think that we should legalise weed, but we have missed that particular boat. kif, hash, pot,shit, was smashing back in the day, however this genetically improved SKUNK is murder.

trust me I have seen loads of poor sods who were sitting around all day and night smoking the damn stuff then becoming physcotic. ok I over egged the all day and all night stuff but thats what drugs do to you .
Also prolonged use of skunk AND coke ruins many a brain here in Sarfend , I know i have just set myself up for black humour but it aint funny to the family and people who have to deal with it .
Sermon over .

ps I found that heroin a bit moorish .

Sorry jumping in on the last page here, so don't know if this is discussed or not. But, there does seem to be a need for 'alternative' pain control medication for chronic long term cases. Especially when it's said that opioid use can actually cause pain:

Science Magazine, Why taking morphine, oxycodone can sometimes make pain worse
I've found that, my usual painkiller is paracetamol/codeine and I found that only taking it when absolutely necessary instead of the recommended "x" per day meant I had less pain

have you tried a tens unit. the physios at work get good results with it sometimes.
Have one, but previous "overuse" several years ago means that the lumbar area is sensitised to such a thing.

It can be and does get used but I have to be careful regarding how much I use it.

I used to think that we should legalise weed, but we have missed that particular boat. kif, hash, pot,shit, was smashing back in the day, however this genetically improved SKUNK is murder.

trust me I have seen loads of poor sods who were sitting around all day and night smoking the damn stuff then becoming physcotic. ok I over egged the all day and all night stuff but thats what drugs do to you .
Also prolonged use of skunk AND coke ruins many a brain here in Sarfend , I know i have just set myself up for black humour but it aint funny to the family and people who have to deal with it .
Sermon over .

Are you confusing Skunk with the much stronger Spice?

Sermon over .

I was put on Duragesic (Fentanyl) patches a few years ago. One has to say that the experience was "enjoyable" but I am happy my body adapted to the drug in a couple of months because I was enjoying the feeling a bit too much.

As far as weed, of any kind, screwing people's heads up, I thought it was established that it will do that if you have a tendency towards that sort of thing anyway. And, let's face it, these people you mention would find another substance, whether it was legal or not, to get to the same level of monged if they didn't abuse weed.

That's the critical part, the difference between "use" and "abuse". Some will always abuse a substance, but most won't, and that's a distinction that has to be considered as for every one you see with the ruined brain you'll possibly find 3 or 4 who use but are never anywhere near that state of fooked.

Nope deffo skunk, they grow loads around here.
Depends on what they're growing, it's unlikely to be anything like what I can go over to Holland and buy (or have home delivery in quantities of 25g or more if I so wish).

"Skunk" covers a hell of a wide area, and that's why I don't go by such a definition as it has been used by the media and authorities to distort the reality.

@twentyfirstoffoot

I do hope that mong button was a misfire or you have proven yourself to be a retard as you have no clue regarding what has happened with me over the last 20+ years

Most of the plant breeding has been to increase yield, not strength.The actual active compounds are relatively low, so say a 25% increase in potency, isn’t as big as it seems.

Latest update on cbd.

It does bugger all against the pain when you get steroid shots into the tendons of your right shoulder.

Which is why I'm posting this at just after 0130 local time as I wait on the paracetamol/codeine to kick in

Skunk was first sold in 1978. People who bring it up don't even know what they are talking about.

Also, Thai Sativa plants are pretty much the most powerful plants you can get. By every account, it's between 25% to 33% stronger than Skunk. It also has a much much higher THC to CBD ratio, which increases the risk of anxiety based symptoms and makes the user higher, as CBD acts as a counter balance to this.

Thai plants have been bred and smoked for hundreds if not over a thousand years. It's what the hippies in the US were smoking when the soldiers were bringing it back by the cargo plane load during/after Vietnam war.

"It's not the same stuff as your parents smoked" is a rubbish myth. It's completely contrary to how plant genetics and breeding works. You can't make something from nothing. The plants now days are no stronger than their landrace predecessors.

As already mentioned, the breeding effort has focused on yield, and also on flowering time. This means adding more Indica genetics into the mix, which means more CBD and less THC than the landrace Sativa varieties (which are very tall, very slow flowering, and with much less yield).

I can fully explain and detail all of the above, however it would run for about 1000 words or so. Like lots of things, the problem is that people hear cheap and inaccurate descriptions which use buzzwords, rather than actually getting detailed information and knowing what the heck they are talking about. Of course we don't all want to read a whole book about something random like pot, especially if you have nothing to do with it in everyday life.... but in such a case, there is little point on repeating the vague/inaccurate description in a debate.

If it really means anything to anyone and someone challenges me, I might find the time to write the detailed article which proves my highly summarised allegations.

Geez, look how long just this post was. See there is no quick way to provide detailed information. A proper description will be a long read.

Going to go back to the CBD experience.

Apart from 2 or 3 painkillers after the steroid shots in the shoulder, the intake of painkillers has been zero.

Sure, I still have pain in my back and knees, but it is much less severe and much more manageable. The difference in the inflammation is also the same, much lower than before.

Stiffness, especially in the morning (stop sniggering in the back row, please), is just the same as normal, it loosens off once I get moving, and the end result is that I am able to push myself further than before vaping CBD, which may or may not be "a good thing" as I'll be likely to "do a Sluggy" and have bits go "pop" one after another.

Once again, how much of this improvement being psychological is open to question, but the noticeable reduction in inflammation cannot be explained by it "all being in the head".

More updates to follow when I can be bothered.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Totally agree that cannabis oil should be subjected to medical evaluation and if appropriate be available via prescription.

Recreational cannabis, no. Legalisation is not the panacea that people think. As soon as you sell it and tax it, the OCGs that rely on it for money will adapt and just undercut. Hence why we have a roaring trade in counterfeit spirits, smuggled tobacco and alcohol costing the revenue millions of pounds in duty a year.
The main users of cannabis will continue to buy from their local supplier. It is a lazy argument to say, one aspect of cannabis might work, lets legalise all of it. Especially due to it exacerbating existing mental health issues and anxiety.

"The war on cannabis is lost, so let legalise it"

So, "lost", a bit like the wars on illegal immigration, street crime, knife murders, burglary, shoplifting, vehicle theft, anti-social behaviour, fly-tipping, online fraud, card cloning, human trafficking, gang war, etc and so on.

All too difficult, so lets legalise everything.

Anyway, May has just made it clear that there'll be no more money for irrelevant departments of state such a policing, border control or the armed forces, as she's just spaffed UK's credit cards to the absolute limits on the NHS.

Totally agree that cannabis oil should be subjected to medical evaluation and if appropriate be available via prescription.

Recreational cannabis, no. Legalisation is not the panacea that people think. As soon as you sell it and tax it, the OCGs that rely on it for money will adapt and just undercut. Hence why we have a roaring trade in counterfeit spirits, smuggled tobacco and alcohol costing the revenue millions of pounds in duty a year.
The main users of cannabis will continue to buy from their local supplier. It is a lazy argument to say, one aspect of cannabis might work, lets legalise all of it. Especially due to it exacerbating existing mental health issues and anxiety.
I disagree. After a visit or two to Denver over the past few years, the legal cannabis industry has produced a very high quality product distributed in a very clean modern environment at very good prices, certainly better than any street dealer could manage.
I also doubt that local manufacturers could match the quantity and quality of what is on offer. You know what you are getting from 'official' distributors and Colorado has a dedicated department to monitor quality.
It would also, if legalised, make distribution if illegal cannabis not only a crime in itself, but defrauding HMRC.
There is some good info to be found here - https://news.lift.co/five-years-effects-legalization-colorado-washington-state/ and here - 9 Ways Californians Might Benefit From The Legalization Of Recreational Marijuana

Over the last year I’ve become an advocate for cannabis oils. So much so that I make it and sell it. My customers all have life affecting illnesses, some terminally ill, some with chronic conditions that leave them in constant pain.

There’s a massive amount of ignorance about non-recreational cannabis and a quick scan of this thread highlights much of it. As does Hague’s piece in the DT. And Holland and Barrett spuiking hemp oil as some magic cannabis oil is wrong; the cannabinoids are near non-existent.

The cannabinoids in the cannabis plant cannot get you high unless you burn them. They are in acid form (THC-A and CBD-A); only when carboxilated by burning do you get the marijuana effects. You could eat a salad of cannabis and there would be no phsycotic effects and no addictive affects.

“Medicinal” oils are simply extracts that pull out the cannabinoids (all 141 of them), turpenes et al in their acidic form. There are safe methods of extraction and some very unpleasant ones. We use a safe process; no butanes, no industrial alcohols, no additives.

A woman rang me today. She’s in her mid twenties in a hospice with terminal cancers. She’s there to die. Her doctors have told her there’s nothing more they can do; try and source cannabis oil. She’s desperate. So I gave her a bottle; I didn’t sell it. She can’t source it legally.

We can’t make it legally. We can’t grow or buy the ingredient legally. We don’t know what the THC-A and CBD-A levels are because we can’t test it. It’s just an oil made from a herb. Yet it gets people with rheumatoid arthritis walking again, people with MS managing pain, and people with Lyme’s back to work. A man with stomach cancer who had been fed liquids for a year and was told to go home and die 18 months ago is still alive and eating steak. All our customers.

Why the **** is this happening?

Is @hellsbrink ok? Not seen for a few months and he was a prolific poster.